Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2004 1:07:10 AM EDT
New to the AR and pretty dumb to guns in general. But what are some of the must haves and whose offering the best combination of must haves
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the two sponsors at the top of the page; Armalite and Bushmaster.

You can order a preban configured rifle from Armalite right now.

"As a result of continued requests to order rifles now, ArmaLite has created the ”Prepaid-PreBan”™ (or PPB™) program to allow customers to order PreBan configuration ArmaLites, in both .308 and .223 calibers, for delivery immediately upon expiration of the current law, and at current prices."
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Try and find a LE Colt Dealer and presale with them, I did
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't go wrong with Bushmaster quality and customer service.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt. Those are the old standbys, the ABCs. I would also include LMT, cause they make a great product.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
DPMS IS ALSO A GOOD OPTION.
I own one their 16in. HBARS and it is an excellent weapon and very accurate.  Customer service from them ,for me, has been top notch.  Go to their website and browse. I have never heard of DPMS before my purchase , but this rifle is a great shooter and is top quality....
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in agreement with the above - I am partial to DPMS but many companies are good - just avoid the unspeakables
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe no one has mentioned RRA yet!

Contact Steve or Eric @ ADCO for a kick-ass pre-ban RRA configuration.

I will have to give a +1 for the DPMS votes but only if it comes from
CMMG because they have the barrel configurations I'm interested in; 5.56, NATO chamber, chrome-lined & 1:7 twist.  Besides that they are great to deal with and will help you get the configuration (ie handguards, optics, etc) you want the first time!

Edited to add: A big +1 for Armalite for their pre-paid/pre-ban program!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard that LMT may start selling complete rifles, but I can not confirm this. I have an LMT upper I bought from Wes And love it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
M4gery - COLT
AR15s in General (especially rifles with A2 barrel)  - Bushmaster

(this is assuming that COLT doesn't not change their commercial product line)

You will have to spend same or more money to get Bushy's M4 level up to Colt's. (H-buffer, side-sling mount, etc)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I heard that LMT may start selling complete rifles, but I can not confirm this. I have an LMT upper I bought from Wes And love it.

You reading my threads again?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top