Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 6:00:57 PM EDT
what is the barell length on an actual M4? Is it 16" or 14.5". Just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
a military mil-spec m4 is 14.5 plus a A2 compesator(flash suppressor)

a civilian barrel must be overall 16" as a minimum.... it can be a short barrel but it has to have a muzzle device that brings it over 16" perminately attached...

i prefer 16" barrels... due to there increased velocity...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I thought, thanks for telling me. I knew a civi rifle had to be 16", I was just wondering because I saw in bushmasters catalog that they have 14.5" M4 profile barrels for LEO and form 4 only transfers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats what I thought, thanks for telling me. I knew a civi rifle had to be 16", I was just wondering because I saw in bushmasters catalog that they have 14.5" M4 profile barrels for LEO and form 4 only transfers.

It doesn't take a form 4 to buy the barrel, however, Bushy may not sell you one unless you have an NFA item and can prove it with some type of form.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah thats what I meant. Sorry about that. NFA aproval for SBR or MG, not form 4.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top