Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 3:52:20 PM EDT
Earlier this year we bought Diemaco-marked Colt 6920 upper assemblies from S.A.W., and they all came with bolts marked only with a fairly large "C", etched in a dot-matrix-type pattern.  Every other Colt we've got, including SP1's, Gov't Carbines, even other Colt flattop assemblies (uppers marked with a "C" and keyhole), all have "MPC" markings on the bolt.

S.A.W. claims these are genuine Colt bolts.  Is that true?  Anyone else have a bolt marked only "C"?

By the way, it's the bolt itself I'm questioning, not the carrier.  The carriers from the Diemaco/Colt uppers are stamped with the same "C" as all the older Colts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BR II lists a "C" only marked bolt as genuine Colt. They did this for a little while, apparently...

Mick
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Still Colt. I have seen this before.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Recently got a 6400c.  The bolt has "c" only.  Its etched with dots and twice the size of the "c" on the carrier.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My Colt MT6700  has a lone "C" on the bolt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top