Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 1:53:55 PM EDT
Since I am off on Fridays, I decided to count the change I drop in the change jar every night.  Haven't counted it in probably 6 months or more.  Lo and behold, I had $156.76!!  Took it to the bank and cashed it in, and ended up at the gun shop.  Picked up a Rock River stripped lower for $100, a pound of Unique and a carton of primers.  Still had about $15 left over for the next round.  That seemed like getting a free lower!!  Start saving those pennies, they DO add up!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
now your talking. put the $15 on ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Cashed in my change bucket the other day. $438 saved in 3 years. Was going to buy some gun stuff but bought a trampoline for the kid instead, wopidedo!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a 5 gallon glass arrowhead water jug that I dumped my change into every day after coming home.

The first time I ever cashed it in was for my first AR15, not lower, first AR15.     I had like 400 dollars in it that came from a few years of highschool and a year or two of college, that was just dimes/nickles/quarters.     First time I cashed in the coin jar it was maybe 1/4 full.

That was a good 5-6 years ago when I wasn't spending much cash in the course of a day.   Now I empty the coin jar out once a year and get around 150-300 dollars out of it each time I do it, not including pennies which I still have yet to cash in.     The money I use towards going to vegas or using as a discount towards a purchase if a nice S&W revolver should pop up.

Each time I goto grab the quarters/nickles/dimes it gets harder and harder because so many pennies are in this damn jug.    I actually dumped most of the pennies into a large box after getting so annoyed with them.     If they were all inside the water bottle it would fill it about 1/2 of the way to the top, right now the coin jar is about 1/10 full with a variety of coins.

I got into this habit after seeing my dad and uncle do it, just dropping the pocket full of coins in at the end of the day.     It actually adds up quick if you figure you are dumping anywhere from a dollar or two a day into the jar, I have a habit of breaking bills whenever I use cash as opposed to reaching into my pocket to fumble for coins to make exact change.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be funny to take your waterbarrel to the grocery store and dump into the change machine. They charge 10%, but it saves you time and money from rolling change.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i keep my pennies in a separate container.  i cash them in fairly often so the most i've ever had was (i think) around $60.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Have a 5 gallon water jug full to the top of Lincolns . Never fill up a glass one with them WATCH OUT
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
my bank has a nice machine you drop your coins into, it counts, gives you a receipt, you take it to the teller, and you get 100% of your money.  

I have an empty Cuervo bottle I drop my change in.  When it's full, it's anywhere from $80 to $130.  I'm going to let it fill up, and then empty it into a bag then fill it up again....  I don't know what I'll use the money for.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm going to let it fill up, and then empty it into a bag then fill it up again....  

heheh.

I don't know what I'll use the money for.

hookers and beer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
my bank has a nice machine you drop your coins into, it counts, gives you a receipt, you take it to the teller, and you get 100% of your money.  

Same here

I use a rinsed-out apple juice bottle (the gallon size) for ALL my change, including pennies, and spend it on guns or ammo or some other "toy".

I also always keep an eye out for change that others have dropped.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm such a cheapass that I almost never by things and when I do it's online, so no change on a daily basis for me.  I do however have close to $200 worth of poker winnings rolled up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top