Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 11:57:14 AM EDT
I was wondering if someone could post a pick of a 14.5 and a 16 barreld ar together. Im in the market for a new barrel and cant decide on the Bushy 14.5 with brake or a 16 with brake and need a picture to compare the two. Im also wanting a ff tube that I can install without removing the front site and can still use my carry handle.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im also wanting a ff tube that I can install without removing the front site and can still use my carry handle.

You'll be wanting a Troy MRF then.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Top - 14.5" M4 with an older Vortex
Middle - 14.5" M4 with Phantom
Bottom - 16" with an A2

Agree on the Troy for FF without removing the FSB.  KAC RAS II is another choice.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Who sells the Troy ff tubes, By the way thanks for the picture thats what I was needing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Who sells the Troy ff tubes,

I got mine from SMGLee at CL Tactical.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the Troy fasten to the barrel

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
ARMS SIR #51 is also another option. It's also easy to install. Only downside is that it costs $400.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack, but with the possible end of the pretend-AWB close at hand, I would find it very wise to wait a month on getting that barrel, then get a 16".   An M4-style 14.5" may be closer to exact mil-spec, but with the big PITA of removing a permanently attatched brake, I would never choose this option.  You will immediately limit your choices of handguards, front sites, brakes/flash suppressors, as well as $200taxTOtheBATFEfunSTUFF.

I'd go with a 16" regardless.  After all it's just 1.5 inches.

Tex78
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
yuck Arms products...  

get a 16" barrel
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not to hijack, but with the possible end of the pretend-AWB close at hand, I would find it very wise to wait a month on getting that barrel, then get a 16".   An M4-style 14.5" may be closer to exact mil-spec, but with the big PITA of removing a permanently attatched brake, I would never choose this option.  You will immediately limit your choices of handguards, front sites, brakes/flash suppressors, as well as $200taxTOtheBATFEfunSTUFF.

I'd go with a 16" regardless.  After all it's just 1.5 inches.

Tex78

With a permanently attached phantom flash suppressor on the 14.5 you do not need to pay the 200 dollar tax stamp
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Not to hijack, but with the possible end of the pretend-AWB close at hand, I would find it very wise to wait a month on getting that barrel, then get a 16". An M4-style 14.5" may be closer to exact mil-spec, but with the big PITA of removing a permanently attatched brake, I would never choose this option. You will immediately limit your choices of handguards, front sites, brakes/flash suppressors, as well as $200taxTOtheBATFEfunSTUFF.

I'd go with a 16" regardless. After all it's just 1.5 inches.

Tex78
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a permanently attached phantom flash suppressor on the 14.5 you do not need to pay the 200 dollar tax stamp

I was refering to sound suppressors to be specific.  Once the AWB is gone, you can put any legally owned suppressor (with the $200 tax process) on ANY AR15, as there will be no pre- or post-ban guns.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top