User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 9:18:09 AM EDT
What changed?  Is it significant?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The biggest change was to the receiver extension.  It provided a better cheekweld over the original M93.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto on what mattld said and the rear portion was strengthened.  I have both and don't really notice too much difference.  If you can find a 93 for a good price, go for it.

Ooops I almost forgot.  Color options were added to the 93A also.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]
$160 for a M93, vs $225 for a 93A.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you are talking about the Det 1 M93 for sale, I don't think it comes with all the hardware.  I remember someone mentioning that when it first went on sale.  I would double check with Rich to see what the complete price is going to be with eveerything you need to mount it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are talking about the Det 1 M93 for sale, I don't think it comes with all the hardware.  I remember someone mentioning that when it first went on sale.  I would double check with Rich to see what the complete price is going to be with eveerything you need to mount it.

It's everything minus the buffer & spring.  I emailed them.  From the email:

The DET 1 stock is an M93 and one version removed from the current M93A. The
cheek weld is slightly different and the tail section was changed.

It comes with all mounting hardware but not a buffer and spring.

I posted this thread 'cause I wanted to get feedback from folks that had used both & might be able to tell me a little more clearly what exactly changed and how they liked the changes.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Then i would have to say it is a very good deal.  Rich has said that all the coming stocks will be backwards compatible with the original extension and it will still provide an improved cheekweld over standard AR fixed or collapsible stock.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Keep in mind the 93's he has for sale are used. He posted pictures of a couple samples, and they did look good, but they are used. I recall seeing numbers painted on the buffer tube and they are in a unique color, some sort of tan/earth color.

The stocks are probably great and in excellent shape, its surely a great deal for the price, just keep color and fact that they are used in mind when/if ordering.

The used thing doesn't bother me so much as the tan thing kinda does.  I don't know how I feel about that color just yet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The used thing doesn't bother me so much as the tan thing kinda does.  I don't know how I feel about that color just yet.

Especially since it is a unique shade, no other furniture will match.  That's where Alumahyde comes in .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top