Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 6:10:40 AM EDT
I have seen pencil barrels in full rifle lenght (20 inch) but is there a carbine length pencil barrel?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Colt makes one in 1/7 twist.  No link to info or pics that I could find.

Found pic and link (top two carbine uppers have 1/7 Colt barrels):

This is a parts sale thread from ARFCOM member, BILLBO

BILLBO Colt Parts for Sale

Bushmaster also sells their lightweight version in 1/9.  Don't know if a Bushy 1/7 LW is available, though.

Bushy Superlight 16in Barrel Assembly
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have seen pencil barrels in full rifle lenght (20 inch) but is there a carbine length pencil barrel?

Where you been?

Bushmaster has been making them in1:9 twist for a couple of years.  Both in pre-ban and post-ban form.

I have a post-ban version and love the thing.

BTW Colt also makes one - in pre-ban form, it has a 1:7 twist.  However it costs about twice the Bushmaster equivalent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay...after seeing the pictures I feel really stupid!  I guess I was just having a brain fart and couldn't remember seeing one...

thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top