Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:33:39 AM EDT

I see alot of Colt bashers out there saying that Colt will not sell full featured rifles to civilians. Don't these people realize Colt has been selling full featured rifles for private consumption for the past 10 years ?? Belive it or not the US is not the only country around, and not all the other countries on earth ban all guns. Colt has been selling full featured rifles fro private sale in places like Finland for a while now. If the archive server was up I would find that post where someone even posted an advertisement for a full featured Colt in some scandanavian language.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I see alot of Colt bashers out there saying that Colt will not sell full featured rifles to civilians. Don't these people realize Colt has been selling full featured rifles for private consumption for the past 10 years ?? Belive it or not the US is not the only country around, and not all the other countries on earth ban all guns. Colt has been selling full featured rifles fro private sale in places like Finland for a while now. If the archive server was up I would find that post where someone even posted an advertisement for a full featured Colt in some scandanavian language.

The only place I care about is the US. If they don't sell them here, then Fuck them. I can go elsewhere, like RRA and Bushmaster. So, by your logic I should like Colt because they sell to everyone else but the US?? I guess that makes them Anti American .

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt bashers are all the same, they can't get permission from their mothers to spend a few more bucks for the quality Colt offers.

With that I am going to make some popcorn.

My local gun dealer says 6920 style Colts with all the evil features with the LEO stamping removed will be one the market shortly after the ban lifts.  They of course will have a new number.

Our biggest concern is making sure John Kerry, you know the Ted Kennedy clone, does not get into office.  If he does, the current ban will be godsend compared to what he will want.  It won't matter what type of AR you own!

As for the statement above, a good friend on the site knows what I am talking about.  The phone should start ringing about now.  No wait, he is still at school.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Good point, ANGST.

The people crying this crap are the ones who are locked into a Colt knock off already.  I say let them bitch.  It leaves more Colts for me!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only place I care about is the US. If they don't sell them here, then Fuck them. I can go elsewhere, like RRA and Bushmaster. So, by your logic I should like Colt because they sell to everyone else but the US?? I guess that makes them Anti American .

The point is they sell them where they are allowed to, so they should sell them when they are allowed to here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt AR-15 was singled out by name in every AWBan proposed, state or federal.  Plus, they have large gov't contract, and many LE agnecy contracts.  They have gone to extremes to prevent full auto conversion of their AR-15, large pin FCG, configuration of those parts, the micky mouse front pivot pin assembly, sear block, etc.  They renamed their civilian model Sporter, and dropped the "AW" evil features, threaded muzzle, FH, bayonet lug, before the AWB was inacted.  I wouldn't doubt for a minute that pressure was put on them by anti's in our gov't to the effect to neuter their weapons or lose contracts.  I short, they were running scared before the ban, and I see no reason for them to change their minds now.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Those who bash Colt, I bet have never owned a Colt
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't they only drop the lug ? I don't thing they dropped the threaded barrel til they had to .
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless it's stamped Colt I wont buy it
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread is just begging for a Colt Envy suffering HOMO to show up and TROLL!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it is more polittical pressure that dictates what and to whom they sell their products and what they do to their products as well.  Remember, they have a military contract, and with that comes stipulations.  Would you rather they be like FN and be completely restricted from selling to civilians?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Not bashing Colt, just understandable in that they were the number one target of the anti's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
What does it matter what the name on the side of the rifle is?  Damn, I hate Colt nut swingers.  Nothing at all wrong with Colt, noting at all wrong with Bushmaster or RRA either.  If you want to pay 275-375 for a Colt stripped lower instead of 100 for a stripped RRA then by all means buy away.  If you want to pay 350-400 for a colt M4 bbl while you can get a Bushy for 199.00 then by all means buy away.  But don't try and justify for paying more by saying that Colt is a better rifle because it is not.  Just say that you wanted a Colt and payed more because it has a pony.  

Flame me if you want, I do not care.  With that being said.  When/if the AWB sunsets and when/if Colt  puts out a full featured M4 carbine with 14.5" bbl and bayo lug, FS, col stock etc.  then I will buy one.  I will gladly pay more for it because it is a Colt and I already have a couple BM and a RRA.  

Nor my Mommy or my wifey controls my cash flow so I buy what I want regardless of price.  I just couldn't justify the price for a Colt over a BM or RRA unless you just want one for sentimental/collection value, which is fine people pay more for stuff like that all the time and I will also, but I will not try to justify the price difference by saying it is a better rifle.  

Please don't get me wrong, I do not dislike Colt products, my uncle has several Colt preban rifles and they are all nice.  He also has a new Postban M4 (6400?) which is not so nice but still shoots good.  What I do not like is people that think it is a better rifle because it has a pony on the side.  I have seen Colts rifles that were better than bushmasters, bushmasters that were better than Colts and a RRA that is the nicest rifle I have even handled.  It just depends on the individual rifle not the fliping name on the side.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This thread is just begging for a Colt Envy suffering HOMO to show up and TROLL!

haha, just relized that I am the first person to show up and bash/troll Colt  I don't know which I take worse offense to, being called a HOMO or being mistaken for having Colt Envy  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Bingo!  You got that one.

I think Colt will start selling their rifle with all the "evil" features again.  It would be in their best interest as far as getting new civilian customers goes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I didn't really post this to turn it into a Colt hating/loving thread. I just wanted people to look at what Colt is doing now. They are selling full featured rifles to civilians right now, this very day. Why would they not do that after 9/13 .

It's amazing the kind of BS I see slung on the gun boards. Like Colt doesn't sell guns to civilians anymore. The ATF is going to make some "ruling" on the AWB after 9/13. The ban will be extended by Executive Order. , ect......
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Colt will start selling their rifle with all the "evil" features again.  It would be in their best interest as far as getting new civilian customers goes.

I like Colt.  But something within me says that IF they ever do sell full-featured rifles, it will be a bit after September.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like Colt.  But something within me says that IF they ever do sell full-featured rifles, it will be a bit after September.  

Ummm but they sell them right now.... this very day..... to civilians ... non-LEO civilians even
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm.... I've owned Colt, and carried Colt M16A2's in the Corps.

I personally prefer Bushmaster: they seem to support us shooters more.  I don't know... perception is reality, and my perception is that Bushmaster is the more shooter-friendly company.  They aren't the best at EVERYTHING, and sure, I've seen valid gripes about Bushy too.  What troubles me, however, is that  I seem to see Colt people much like Apple users or people that buy Prada purses: they are SOOOO defensive about their products that they fail to see the vailidity of any complaint or criticism, or they are so blind in their love-fest fervor that they think that anyone with a dissenting view to their own MUST OBVIOUSLY be envious or too poor to buy "the quality goods."

Newsflash: I have the money to buy anything I want to.  I CHOSE not to buy Colt products.  I CHOSE to buy from companies that support shooters in the USA, and I CHOSE to purchase products that allow me to get more for my money at quality that I believe is comparable.

My non-trolling, non-homo, non-Colt envious post.  ;)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm but they sell them right now.... this very day..... to civilians ... non-LEO civilians even

Not civilians in the US.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hmmm.... I've owned Colt, and carried Colt M16A2's in the Corps.

I personally prefer Bushmaster: they seem to support us shooters more.  I don't know... perception is reality, and my perception is that Bushmaster is the more shooter-friendly company.  They aren't the best at EVERYTHING, and sure, I've seen valid gripes about Bushy too.  What troubles me, however, is that  I seem to see Colt people much like Apple users or people that buy Prada purses: they are SOOOO defensive about their products that they fail to see the vailidity of any complaint or criticism, or they are so blind in their love-fest fervor that they think that anyone with a dissenting view to their own MUST OBVIOUSLY be envious or too poor to buy "the quality goods."

Newsflash: I have the money to buy anything I want to.  I CHOSE not to buy Colt products.  I CHOSE to buy from companies that support shooters in the USA, and I CHOSE to purchase products that allow me to get more for my money at quality that I believe is comparable.

My non-trolling, non-homo, non-Colt envious post.  ;)

I absolutely agree. I am also a former Colt owner who carried a Colt M16A2 in the Corps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I didn't really post this to turn it into a Colt hating/loving thread. I just wanted people to look at what Colt is doing now. They are selling full featured rifles to civilians right now, this very day. Why would they not do that after 9/13 .

It's amazing the kind of BS I see slung on the gun boards. Like Colt doesn't sell guns to civilians anymore. The ATF is going to make some "ruling" on the AWB after 9/13. The ban will be extended by Executive Order. , ect......

Ummmmmm not selling all "evil" features to U.S. civilians.

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not bashing other companies and not saying Colt or nothing.  I own  2 Colt AR's (love 'em), 1 Bushmaster (love it) and 2 home grown (love 'em)

Someone missed the point here.....The point I was making is that many people are pissed at Colt for trying to be PC and taking "evil" features off.  If Colt decided to get back in the game and sell full featured weapons to us again then maybe they would get some more customers back that they have lost over the years.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, in case you haven't noticed there is this little law they passed with the 1994 crime bill called the "Assault Weapons Ban" that makes it ILLEGAL for colt to sell full featured rifles to civilians in the US. They sold full featured (ok I admit some san bayonet lug) before the ban , they sell them to civilians WHERE ITS CURRENTLY LEGAL during our ban , so why do people assume they will not sell them after the ban.

I don't own Colt and I have my reasons why I chose Bushmaster and Eagle Arms(Armalite) over Colt. I don't particularly care what Colt does after the ban as I probably won't buy one (unless its an old SP-1 or they make an old SP-1 clone).
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I've owned Bushmaster previously and now have 2 Colt pre-bans. After 9/14 I already have a brand new Colt with all the "evil features" paid for and on order, and will ship 9/15. It's an LE6920. Once current inventory is depleted I'm sure the Law Enforcement Only stampings will go away and life will go on as before.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Worth considering: Colt is under new management, not the folks who ran it a decade ago, and I believe they will resume sales of rifles with BL and flash suppressors to US civilians now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Why not have the best of the best.
Build your own then you can put the best of each company on one gun,
and this is coming from a person who at one time said I would only buy
colt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Could somebody please tell me what makes a Colt better than a Bushmaster?

It appears that they cost about 35% more.  Exactly what justifies this extra cost?

Aside from snob appeal, what qualities does the Colt have that make it desirable?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top