Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:50:48 PM EDT
Hello,

I gambled and sent all my uppers off to be prebanified.  Now I got all these lower parts looking back at me.  If I don't return the uppers to the house before the sunset, can I put the telestocks on my post-ban lowers?  I'm guessing not, since the gub'mint cheese man thinks of a lower as a rifle.  Hmmm...what if I take the pistol grip off?

BoB
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Just do it, post pics, and your address.

Collapsing stock, pistol grip, mag fed, semi-auto.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
don;t ask, dont tell
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
SHHH! I won't tell...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont see why not, if someone said anything by the time they brought you up on the rediculous charges the ban would have sunset by then
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

*Sigh*, that what I was originally thinking, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Just chill

Aint no sense jumpin the gun.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just chill

- BUCC_Guy

I know.  I just got this VLTOR and I'm sick of playing with it like a 12 year old.  "POW-POW! I got you!"

BoB
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
this was better kept secret. now keep your eyes open for Feinslut and Schumer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just chill

- BUCC_Guy

I know.  I just got this VLTOR and I'm sick of playing with it like a 12 year old.  "POW-POW! I got you!"

BoB

Don't fret, I just got my first VLTOR in the mail the other day, and I have been playing with it ever since (in and out, in and out, in and out), it's like Legos for grown ups!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Red, there's no way to know it's semi-auto without the upper...

There are SEVERAL bolt-action AR uppers out there, and all it takes is removing the gas key or plugging the gas system to make your current rifle a bolt gun...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If anybody asks, just tell them about the cool new pump action AR upper.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not with an upper it's not semi auto.  He's waiting for his single shot upper to be returned to him.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi BoB-O. We just covered this a day or so ago so all your info is right here.

I'm not telling you that you should, I don't know what purpose it would serve but it is not illegal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#15]
My 2 cents:

I've had my VLTOR laying around for about two months now.

Anyway, if you have an assembled upper (I know you don't) in your posession and you have a postban lower with a telestock installed (accepts detachable mag, has pistol grip and now has collapsable stock - three evil features), you are walking the fine line of legality, as you can readily "build" your assault weapon.  Chances of being charged at this point are slim to none, but since we are considered "psychotic gun owners who can't wait to have all the evil features", you never know who they may try to make an example of.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd be real careful.  What with all the recent ATF raids for AWB violations and all.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red, there's no way to know it's semi-auto without the upper...

There are SEVERAL bolt-action AR uppers out there, and all it takes is removing the gas key or plugging the gas system to make your current rifle a bolt gun...

aha! yep, I fugged up.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]
GODDAMN!  

Who the fuck cares!

let me repeat that.

WHO THE FUCK CARES, just don't post about it on the internet.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Put it on there, you chicken shit!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Put it on there, you chicken shit!

Ya, put it on there!

BTW, what is your name, address, phone number & social??  Why do I need this info, you ask??  No reason really, just curious.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hello,

I gambled and sent all my uppers off to be prebanified.  Now I got all these lower parts looking back at me.  If I don't return the uppers to the house before the sunset, can I put the telestocks on my post-ban lowers?  I'm guessing not, since the gub'mint cheese man thinks of a lower as a rifle.  Hmmm...what if I take the pistol grip off?

BoB

No way!  BATF's new FLIR system will detect that immediately and you'll have black clad agents rappelling into your house before you can set the lower down!  Don't do it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why not just wait a few more days? It's been 10 years....

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hello,

BoB

if you take the pistol grip off, yes, that makes only one feature. You cannot legally mount the telestock and leave the pistol grip on since this makes two features, and an illegal semiautomatic assault weapon (SAW). The lower is considered to be the firearm, so you can have only one feature on it.

Only 24 days to wait, mount the stock after september 13th. If you take the pistol grip off, your selector switch spring and detent will fall out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
GODDAMN!  hy.gifhy.gifhy.gifhy.gif

Who the fuck cares!

let me repeat that.

WHO THE FUCK CARES, just don't post about it on the internet.  

'zactly....just like everybody on this board has a safe full of toys that aren't putting together until the ban expires.....rrrrriiiiggghhhhtttttt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

BoB

whats wrong with that??.................we're not supposed to do that?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
if you take the pistol grip off, yes, that makes only one feature. You cannot legally mount the telestock and leave the pistol grip on since this makes two features, and an illegal semiautomatic assault weapon (SAW). The lower is considered to be the firearm, so you can have only one feature on it.

Sir, I must respectfully ask if you have actually read the law concerning this?

The features test listed in 921(a)(30)(b) is specific to "a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and at least 2 of -"

The receiver is indeed the firearm. The relevant term is not firearm but semiautomatic rifle which is legally defined in 921(a)(28). This definition references the term "rifle" which is definined in 921(a)(7). After reviewing these definitions I believe you'll see why your statement is incorrect.

I agree that the conversation in general is rather trivial but that is not as offensive as the attempts to use fear to generate compliance with a law that does not exist.

Best to all of you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The receiver is indeed the firearm. The relevant term is not firearm but semiautomatic rifle which is legally defined in 921(a)(28). This definition references the term "rifle" which is definined in 921(a)(7). After reviewing these definitions I believe you'll see why your statement is incorrect.

I agree that the conversation in general is rather trivial but that is not as offensive as the attempts to use fear to generate compliance with a law that does not exist.

Gotta go with BH1 on this one... the receiver is the firearm, not a rifle.  If a lower receiver without an upper is indeed a rifle, then you would be creating a SBR every time your removed the upper receiver since the OAL of the lower receiver and stock is less than 26".  Therefore, a lower receiver alone with a pistol grip and stock is not a rifle.  It has already been pointed out that there is not such law as "intent to construct an assault rifle" like there is covering class 3 firearms.  HTH.  YMMV>

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If anybody asks, just tell them about the cool new pump action AR upper.

DPMS actually does sell a pump action AR15........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top