Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:14:41 PM EDT
Apologize for yet another "AWB" thread (God, they remind me of the endless, nauseating
"9MM vs. .45" articles/ arguments of the 80's). But I have a postban AR with some
half assed muzzle break (like it really needs one). So, in most pleasant anticipation
of the You Know What, I want to functionally improve it with a good flash hider. Any
suggestions as to type or brand? Also, should I have the muzzle threaded? Good idea or
bad (and why)? Thanks in advance for your input.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What type manufacture, barrel assy, etc?  Why not just build yourself an extra upper the way you want it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Upper is a Model 1. Money is a little scarce right now for a new one. Was hoping to
improve what I have for a hopefully affordable cost.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
#1 Vortex
#2 Phantom (close second)
#3 A2 (distant third)

If you have a brake on your muzzle, there is a good chance that it is threaded already. A good smith can take the brake off and attach your FH for minimal cost.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top