Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:03:00 PM EDT
I've got a RRA with a 16" HBAR and a fake A2 FS.  But it doesn't look to be the same press-on, slots-don't-go-through FS I've seen in other threads.  It looks like a real A2 FS except the muzzle end is closed off down to an exit hole and it appears to be pinned/welded on -- it has a grind spot that looks to have a pin showing through slightly.  

Did Rock River ever sell rifles with threaded barrels that had A2 FS style compensators pinned on?

ETA & BTT...

It looks most closely to the 3rd from right in this picture (hi-jacked from this thread)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/MuzzleBrakes.jpg

Anybody know what I'm talking about here?  I'm considering taking the tools to it in anticipation of NoBan Day but don't want any surprises when it comes off. If it's attached the way it appears I can handle getting it off.  In that case, any chance of me getting it off with the threads still able to accept a new FS?

TIA,
Josh
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A2's are threaded.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A2's are threaded.

Right. Maybe I need to clarify.  It's a complete RRA rifle, post-ban, with a nuetered bayo-lug and a A2-style fake FS/muzzle break/compensator/whatever you wanna call it. Not an actual A2 FS.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Top w/ some more info.  Any ideas folks?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Chances are that it was either setscrewed or pinned on and welded over.  This pin/setscrew hole is usually at the bottom of the comp.  Unless you had a real good refinisher, you should be able to see some of the work.  Careful grinding in that area should expose either the setscrew or pin and removal can be accomplished when either is removed.

Can't really make an accurate evaluation unless I actually see your setup.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA is offering some AR's with the Wilson Combat brake. It looks very similar to an A2 flashider. If it's loud as hell, it's the Wilson. These are welded on and probably a bitch to remove.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top