Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 2:05:16 PM EDT
Is the OA-93 a reliable firearm?
Was it ever a good gun?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had serial #2.  It was a dual cal. marked pistol (5.56 & 7.62x39)  It was very finicky about ammo, and you had to use commercial 7.62x39.  I don't know about the newer models.  I sold it to buy NFA toys.

ETA:  cool post #!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the OA-93PT carbine.  Eats everything.  Never malfed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning on building a post AWB OA-93 myself.  How do they cover the buffer tube hole or is it not machined out?  If it's not machined out, how do they secure the rear take down pin spring and detent?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The buffer tube hole is machined out on mine.  It appears to be a standard AR lower in every way.  Mine has a short blank tube that the detacheable stock hooks up with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks but I think you're referring to the rifle and not the pistol.  On the pistol the rear is flat, no tubes sticking out.  I understand there is a plug that goes in there from what I've just read on the OA2 forums.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top