Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 9:20:39 AM EDT
I've got an HBAR Bushy 16" carbine that I would like to lighten up some. I've read here a lot about govt profile barrels. If I was to have ADCO turn down my barrel how much weight would it knock off the rifle? Where is the metal removed? Is a new front sight base needed after reprofiling the barrel?

Shabo
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where is the metal removed?

On the outside of the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the outside of the barrel.

OMG  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I was to have ADCO turn down my barrel how much weight would it knock off the rifle?

Roughly half of a pound (but it feels like alot more due to the fact the weight is all located foward of your supporting hand).  You can reduce it even more if you have the barrel lightened in front of the front sight.

Outside of the barrel, between the chamber and the front sight base.

Is a new front sight base needed after reprofiling the barrel?

No
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top