Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 6:44:35 AM EDT
Check out this pic below from Foxnews.com.  The handle is attached to the front rail.  Never thought of that.  Any comments pro/con?

http://www.foxnews.com

EDITED:

Alright, I'm clueless how to show this, and I'm sure the feature pic on foxnews.com won't be there long, but you get the gist of the question.  Sorry, anyone creative enough to get the pic to display will be a hero.  Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a red x
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't make your pic to work, but I had a similiar pic saved, I think.

My bet is that the soldier found a convenient place to store his carry handle.  Should his Aimpoint fail, he could quickly dismount the Aimpoint and mount his carry handle for BUIS.  Just a guess.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can't make your pic to work, but I had a similiar pic saved, I think.

www.hunt101.com/img/107584.jpg

My bet is that the soldier found a convenient place to store his carry handle.  Should his Aimpoint fail, he could quickly dismount the Aimpoint and mount his carry handle for BUIS.  Just a guess.

I Agree.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of the troops do this so that they don't lose it.
SFC McChesney
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#5]
No, no, no.
It's for using the sights when holding the gun sideways like a gang banger.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#6]
There aint enough chrome and gold on it to be a gangsta gat ...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I find it interesting that the troop in mongo's pic has a very nice KAC VFG on his weapon yet insists on using the mag well.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I find it interesting that the troop in mongo's pic has a very nice KAC VFG on his weapon yet insists on using the mag well.  

It's interesting: we were taught in boot camp and every time to the range thereafter that using the magwell as a grip was a no-no, and was not tolerated.  Also, I left the Corps almost eight years ago now, and things might have changed.  Below is a picture of my best friend Stevie shooting one my M4gery.  He's a Gunny in the Marines now, and is due out in about a year.

Now, my brother-in-law, who in this picture was on leave from the USAF and shooting my 20" A3 seems to have a better grip (at least what all the PMI's and Drill Instructor's would say was better):

Finally, there's the picture of my daughter taken over a year ago shooting the M4gery.  I know, she doesn't have her protective glasses on (she snuck 'em off and I didn't notice when I took the picture), but wears 'em ALL THE TIME when shooting.  She isn't holding the grip either, but it's because her arms have a hard time reaching it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top