Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:38:56 AM EDT
I want to buy a new Colt M4 with all the evil features if the ban expires.  Question is will Colt have these ready to go right after the 13th?  Or will I need to wait a while.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw an ad in Gunlist recently where  the vendor, can't recall which one off hand but it was a large dealer, said they had pre-ban featured Colts ready for sale after the ban expires.  When I get home, Ill look up the ad and try to post who the vendor was.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
this is exciting isnt it
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the companies won't have to really make any major changes will they?  Colt for example is already making ARs with the evil features for LE.  So can't they just start selling those?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
The LE versions should be readily available.  I'm assuming you mean a 16" barrelled carbean, as M4 is a MIL only select fire weapon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The LE versions should be readily available.  I'm assuming you mean a 16" barrelled carbean, as M4 is a MIL only select fire weapon.

Yeah I mean the semi only version of the M4
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If all goes well, they should be flowing into the streets like CRAZY!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most of the companies won't have to really make any major changes will they?  Colt for example is already making ARs with the evil features for LE.  So can't they just start selling those?

They are also making them for export to countries with no AWB. Like Norway and Finland , ect....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, I keep looking to find all these guns on the "streets" and I never find any!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
All the children have them!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
September 13th, 2004.................On this day the streets will be flowing with blood and the world as we know it will be changed forever.  It's going to be awesome!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A real M4 has a 14.5" barrel, which is also legal for you to own if you:

A) Go NFA, or

B) Permanently attatch a flash suppressor which brings the barrel length out to at least 16".  Both the Vortex and the Phantom will work for this.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I keep looking to find all these guns on the "streets" and I never find any!!

In MA after a raid they found an Armalite SOF which was for sale.  So just come to Boston
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd like a new Colt, but not a M4, just a plain old CAR 16" with a flat top.  Detachable carrying handle would be nice also.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd like a new Colt, but not a M4, just a plain old CAR 16" with a flat top.  Detachable carrying handle would be nice also.

Look for the AR-15A3 tactical carbean.  16" hbar, chrome lined, flat top, collapsable stock.  There should be many available in sept.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#15]
one thing I have noticed on the Colt LE m4s,  up until recently all the ones I have seen said Colt law enforcement m4 carbine.  But the latest ones I have seen said Colts law enforcement carbine, didnt have the m4 rolemarked on it.  I had rather have one marked with the m4 on the side.  This makes me wonder how hard it will be to get one with m4 actually on the lower.  This may seem insignificant to some but for so long if you wanted one (with F/L and bayo lug) it had to be a made from a sporter target marked preban rifle.  Now that this ban shit is going to be over, I want my lower marked M4.  I just hope Colt starts putting the LE uppers on the civillian models.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lets Hope the Brady Campaign doesn't get there hands on this little statement
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Feinstein-Hater
funny user name.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I want to buy a new Colt M4 with all the evil features if the ban expires.  

Thanks

Me too
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already made my plans, and you can too
call Jim @ Police Supply - santa rosa bch Fla or at Auction Arms - he is GunDealer3 and has 'em
good guy and legit
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not sure how "available" colt rifles will be, especially after the sunset.  I was talking to my gunshop (in the Hartford area) a few weeks ago and he said he can't get squat from Colt.  He had a Gold Cup on order for some guy for 3 months and counting.  If it is tough to get guns from Colt I'm sure that will effect the price and make them go up more than they already are.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats why you need to find a dealer with them in stock that is willing to presale one to you
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top