Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 6:57:21 PM EDT
Will the price of the sp1 go down if the ban is lifted, or is this ar simply a collectable ,because of its era?. I ask because Ive always wanted one, and now I think that I have found a 99%+ AR 15 sp1.( and it isnt cheap) I dont mind paying the price, but I dont want to feel like I wasted the money.
I allso want to purchase one for shooting, and i am considering building it myself, and I have read several Topics on the matter at this website. I guess that I just dont know if I should wait or not. Does anybody have an input on the matter?  I have just given up one hobby, and have chosen this one to replace it. Im looking foreward to the Build. thanks  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the price of SP1s will go down after the ban. That being said, I don't think they will go up either. IMO the SP1 is in a class of its own and their prices will only go up over time. The only reason I don't own is is cause I'm a lefty, and lefties like brass deflectors. If it sounds like a good price, go for it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
sp1?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the response, I kinda feel the same way, but Im so new to the AR sport that I thought that I should get opinions from some of you guys that have been around the sport for a while. I probably will go ahead and get it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
1st civillian version of the AR15/M16 simi auto
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Mamma always said...stupid is as stupid does...

I don't think the price will down at all only up through time.  I say buy it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are buying it as a shooter , just do a build . If it is to complete a collection yes get it . The price is not going to come down .
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you are buying it as a shooter , just do a build . If it is to complete a collection yes get it . The price is not going to come down .

Safe queen, buy the real thing. Shooter just like Kodiak, build one except it mide be hard to do an A1 type lower. Lots of SP1 upper floating around though.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#8]
YES..................................oh, let me read your post first.

I would expect the price to drop to a more reasonable level.  I doubt that there will be enough demand out ther to warrant a premium for preban SP1 anymore.  NIB or 99% rifles may retain some collectable value, though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:13:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Safe queen, buy the real thing. Shooter just like Kodiak, build one except it mide be hard to do an A1 type lower. Lots of SP1 upper floating around though.

+1
Collectible rifles in as-new condition are not going to come down.  If you want one to shoot you can gather the parts and do a reasonable facimile for no more than a regular AR.  We're talking after ban expires, of course.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope the value doesn't go down.  I think they will always be in demand because of the nostalgic / historic value.  

I have a nice one but no box.  I just had to have one.  

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input . I have purchased the AR, it should be here next week. Now I need an AR shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top