Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 7:36:34 AM EDT
I just got in the Bushmaster superlight barrel preban version. I noticed it came with an A1 F/S. The cataloge or the websight did not state this. I thought all the barrels came with an A2 supressor. Unless otherwise stated. Not only did I get this supprise but the suppressor looks like it's been used, taken off a barrel and placed in the box with mine. Is this normal? I soaked it in breakfree all night and it looks a little better.  My friend ordered a barrel recently and commented on the great fit and finish of his. Mine has little nics and scrapes on it and really dosen't look any better than the Model 1 Sales barrel on my rifle now. Damn 'If only I didn't want chrome lining so badly.Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, my Bushie SL was great when I got it.  The FSB could have used a little more smoothening before the park bath, but otherwise was good.  I got the A1 FH because I asked for it, since they stated it usually comes with an A2.  However, my buddy who ordered one got an A1 as well, and he didn't ask for it.  If you don't like the A2, call Bushmaster.  I'm sure they will be more than happy to send you an A2.  As far as the nicks in the barrel go, also call Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya didn't say, did you get these items directly from Bushmaster or through a supplier?

I like the A1 FS, myself, have one on my M4. More than likely just pulled out the bin where they stash 'em, probably been in there awhile, a little CLP soak and it'll probably be fine.

Of course I'm one of those types that don't have a cardiac if my rifle gets a scatch, just adds character IMO, YMMV.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Send it back; even if you don't mind the condition of the product you received you have a right as a consumer to expect quality merchandise, regardless of the supplier.

If you don't return it you are not only getting a product you are unhappy with, and lets face it we buy shit to make us happy a purchase that make one unhappy is a bad purchase,  you are also encouraging your supplier to extend this level of customer service to other customers as well.

Chances are it was a simple mistake, perhaps the barrel and flash suppressor is used and was packaged and shipped to you in error, if that is the case you are aiding the manufacturer to correct a mistake they would no doubt thank you for, companies with a reputation like Bushmaster don't like to make unhappy customers. They do things like buy other products and post on forums about the dissatisfaction they have with said company.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The barrel looks pretty good after cleaning with CLP soak. I don't mind the A1 suppressor I just mind that it doesn't look very good. I bought these new off the Bushmaster websight. Guess next time I'll call so I can be sure of what I'm getting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tagged b/c my BM preban superlight upper is on the way.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine about a month ago.  It looked great out of the box and DID come with the A1 FH.  I didn't specify which one I wanted, maybe it is for the more retro look.  

ETA - Came directly from BM
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Defiantely contact Bushie.  

BTW, Model 1 does offer chromelining.  But thier barrels are 4140.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Do they do those barrels 14.5 Id love to make a model 653 copy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks cool but too thin for my tastes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a bit thin for me too but Im to a point where I have 4 usable field ARs with a full size 5th one one the way when the ban goes and the #4 to be brought up to par with the other 3 prebans so I want to start doing different variant lookalikes specificaly a 653 model,727 model and XM177,carbines are my thing and eventualy a full size A1 model so I can have a version of the service rifle in that form.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Defiantely contact Bushie.  

BTW, Model 1 does offer chromelining.  But thier barrels are 4140.

From what I understand, Model 1 has chromelining on certian barrels. The lightweight caribine is not one of them. Even if they did you wouldn't be saving any money over Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Update, my BM superlight upper came today with an A2 FS installed... love it already!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top