AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 10:41:50 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used one of these?

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=21211100

They seem kinda expensive, but fun
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
expensive?  you don't say.  my bro just did desig mksman school, and he didn't mention shooting any pretty little blocks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a good idea
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
And I've been using old-fashioned Coke cans!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing explodes like a crabapple.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Id be real interested in how many of my varminting Vmax rounds that thing would hold up to... 'self sealing polymer' isnt going to help much when its blown into little pieces.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps up until '99, and have never seen nor heard of these.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course it is a gimmick, sportsmansguide is selling them, too; so they are getting out.  It appears to be made out of the same material as other similar targets advertised.  I bought one of those older cheaper spinning targets made of the same material and my 5.56mm put pretty good sized permanent holes in them that made the target pretty much unshootable after a good hour.  $30 gone, I left the target at the range.  This cube would be worthless against 5.56mm ball.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like fun, but not for $50 bucks.  Unless the price goes down, that is one product that is destined to fail.  Miserably.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I use foam practice golfballs for close range and tennis balls for further out. You could inject a volleyball with some sprayfoam and have something that works just as well and is a lot cheaper and you won't cry over falling apart. But that's what dayglo yellow duct tape is for!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Looks like fun, but not for $50 bucks.  Unless the price goes down, that is one product that is destined to fail.  Miserably.

Sportsmans Guide has them for like $74.99... I can buy alot af watermelons for  $74.99. Actually, I am growing watermelons and pumpkins in my backyard for that specific purpose..

Edited to add:

Seeds were less than Five Dollah..
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#11]
We use to call them cardboard boxes..and they were a bit cheaper @ the price of FREE.

I think you have to look at the bigger picture...Maybe organize a sport where each team (at the same time) fires FA weapons at it until they get it in a goal zone.???? hmmm

MT
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You could inject a volleyball with some sprayfoam and have something that works just as well and is a lot cheaper and you won't cry over falling apart.

like I've said, I'm not very bright,

you gotta tell me how you do this
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he is talking about the stuff you spray in your tire when it is flat.  I think you can spray that stuff in a volleyball?  If I am wrong that is because I don't play volleyball.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
That green slime stuff you squirt in Mountain Bike tires would be cool.. That stuff almost glows..
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You could inject a volleyball with some sprayfoam and have something that works just as well and is a lot cheaper and you won't cry over falling apart.

he probaBLY means great stuff spray foam.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Edited to add:

Seeds were less than Five Dollah..

LOL -
~Craig
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Come fall "Deer apples" are 20 bucks for a Pick up load.

Bag of generic charcoal briquettes is 3 bucks!

Sniper cubes???

W.C. Fields was a prophet!!!!!

Crap!!!!

Chepo Generic beer in the can is cheaper than them things and more fun to hit!!!!

S-28
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:49:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he probaBLY means great stuff spray foam.

That's the stuff. I wonder if they make a sprayfoam that's the same density as the foam used in guncases? I know! You could use a solid rubber ball,too. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Chepo Generic beer in the can is cheaper than them things and more fun to hit!!!!

S-28

I get 6 packs of generic soda at the dollar store for.......$1

Shake em up and shoot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like those "Navy SEAL" watches with the logo on them. Of course, the SEALs never heard of them, much less used them. - - -
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top