Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:15:20 AM EDT
HELLO GUYS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHATS HAPPENING SO FAR WITH THE ASSULT WEAPONS BAN WHICH WAY IS IT GOING AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN JUST CURIOUS CAUSE IF IT ALL GOES GOOD I WILL GET A PREBAN COLT M4A3 INSTEAD AND ALSO WHICH SHOULD I GET I NEED TO KNOW QUICK COLT 16 INCH OR COLT 20 INCH OR JUST A GOOD LITTLE GLOCK 26 WITH SOME SCHERER HIGH CAPS I DONT KNOW WHICH WILL BE BETTER ANYWAYS GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANKS, JAMES JOHNSON OH YEAH AND DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE CAN I GET SOME CHEAP C-BETA DRUM MAGAZINES FOR CHEAP SAY ABOUT $200.00 AFTER THE BAN ANYWAY THANK
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Lord man, take a breath and quit yelling!
The ban will be gone Sept. 14th.
There will no longer be pre or post ban, so you can get a new one with all the goodies and not have to pay the pre ban extravagant price.
Me, I would go for a 20 inch for my first AR, better all around weapon with a little better accuracy at longer ranges.
Aw, what the heck get the pistol to, but if it is a choice between the Glock, and the AR, get the AR.
For Beta mags, check our local equipment exchange after the ban goes away, should be able to get them for about $200.00.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site giggy.
Now lose the cap lock, some folks think that your yelling when it's all in caps.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy mother of run-on sentences, Batman
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Holy mother of run-on sentences, Batman

No doubt!  I used to hate my English teachers in school.  At the time I thought they were pretentious assholes.  Now I know why they were so INSANE!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#4]
CMMG is taking preorders of Beta mags for $249 shipped.  I also saw an add for $239 but I don't remember who or where.

I would go with the 16" colt
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I voted "NOT BUY ONE AT ALL" because you need to save up your money to buy some punctuation.  Seriously, I can understand if English is not your first language, but at least try to mix up the cases and throw a period or comma in there somewhere!

Is it wrong for me to feel nervous about people who type like that having guns?  I knew some a bunch of idiots in the Army, and they made me fear for my life every time we went to a qualification range.

-Randy

ETA: My bad, you did use one comma.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
IT ALL DEPENEDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THE RIFLE.  I PREFER 20" BUT THAT BEING SAID, lay off the caps.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't buy anything until 13th of September.  You can wait 4 weeks, can't you?  Then buy whatever makes you happy.  You want 20", go for it.  I like 16" unless you are going to do a lot of 200 yards shooting.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much guys, i am really sorry about the caps my son used the computer last and left the caps on so i am sorry about that. Plus for my eyes it is hard to see the letter sizes and the run on setences lol hank                                
                                                     and the high capacity scherer magazines i will just buy for now and buy the glock 26 later which do you prefer the glock 17, 19, 26 or any other kind of glocks anyways guys thanks for the information hope you like this typing and talk to you later post more topics with lots more pictures thank you very much and you guys have a great day sincerly, james
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah i forgot to ask about one little toy will i be able to buy the COLT M4A3 NIB and for how much will i be able to buy it for will it be the same price as all regular colt rifles today? anyways guys get back to me and get posting some pictures 4 more weeks until my early christmas presents anyways get back to me enough about that sincely, james johnson
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
You live in texas, screw the pre-ban, buy an M16.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
and the high capacity scherer magazines i will just buy for now and buy the glock 26 later which do you prefer the glock 17, 19, 26 or any other kind of glocks anyways guys thanks for the information hope you like this typing and talk to you later post more topics with lots more pictures thank you very much and you guys have a great day sincerly, james

Quoted:
Oh yeah i forgot to ask about one little toy will i be able to buy the COLT M4A3 NIB and for how much will i be able to buy it for will it be the same price as all regular colt rifles today? anyways guys get back to me and get posting some pictures 4 more weeks until my early christmas presents anyways get back to me enough about that sincely, james johnson

So, your son turned the caps lock on.  Did he also turn the punctation off?

Oops, saw that one comma pop up again.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
On the glock issue with 17,19 or 26 I would feel well protected with any! But if you like something with a "punch" and easy to carry get a 33. If you just have to have a 9mm go 26............
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you for helping me with that i do want some more power than a 9mm, i was taking a little look at the glock model 36, but its not easily concealed. so anyways i guess i have to make an appoligy to randy some where out there for not using punctuations i am sorry about that now do you feel better lol just kidding but anyways i hope i used the grammer and punctuation alot better in this one.

well as for the m16 i hope to get one very soon i have been searching high and low for a cheap one around in shotgun news and at local gun auction's, but have not  yet found one in my area. i will just check gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com for now. thanks for the info and talk to you guys later.
            sincerly and all of you take care,  james johnson
                                                                         oh yeah sorry about my son once again randy i never knew there was a punctuation button anywhere , can you tell me where?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]
oh yeah i forgot i just noticed that you live in Hawaii randy, thats pretty cool what part? i lived in Lihue, on the small island of Kauai west of honolulu. anyways i'll talk to y'all later gotta go pretty soon anyway get posting some pictures of you black beautys " ar15" or any other type of weapon showoff some class 3's and all kinds of your prebban and postban weapons talk to you later.

sincerly, james
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, your son turned the caps lock on.  Did he also turn the punctation off?

Oops, saw that one comma pop up again.

-Randy

hinking.gif                  
                                                                That aint funny
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]
<Personal attack removed.>
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#17]
You know what you jackasses why the fuck would you want to come on to my fourm if all you want to do is bitch at me i do not think that this is funny a real gun owner should ne someone who is serious and not some computer nerds like you fuck wads who are correcting another man of his english and punctuation thats fucken silly if you ask me so randy and prone get the hell off of my post if all you wanna do is bitch at me i have better things to do than be bitched at by some immature computer geeks so all of you who want to help fine but all you jack asses who are dumb, sarcastic, and just plain fucking retarded get off of my fourm read the title it does not say anything about joking around or about gay marrige hookups or any silly shit like that so if you want to help fine but if not why log on to my fourm awnser me that? take care sincerly, james johnson oh yeah i know how to speak english after all i am a us citizen who is full american and not no border jumper...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey brother, I meant no offense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
HEY MAN I KNOW I AM JUST TRYING TO SPICEN UP THE CHAT LOL HERE
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You know what you jackasses why the fuck would you want to come on to my fourm if all you want to do is bitch at me i do not think that this is funny a real gun owner should ne someone who is serious and not some computer nerds like you fuck wads who are correcting another man of his english and punctuation thats fucken silly if you ask me so randy and prone get the hell off of my post if all you wanna do is bitch at me i have better things to do than be bitched at by some immature computer geeks so all of you who want to help fine but all you jack asses who are dumb, sarcastic, and just plain fucking retarded get off of my fourm read the title it does not say anything about joking around or about gay marrige hookups or any silly shit like that so if you want to help fine but if not why log on to my fourm awnser me that? take care sincerly, james johnson oh yeah i know how to speak english after all i am a us citizen who is full american and not no border jumper...

Calm down.... Just a litte "hazing"
Always be prepared to be ridiculed by this group when you post
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Let the FRESHY  breath, damn he just came in the water. Start with what you like 16" or 20". I would wait like a Dumbass, because I am a SMARTDUMBASS GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Calm down.... Just a litte "hazing"
Always be prepared to be ridiculed by this group when you post

My statement stands, no hazing at all.  After giving someone the benefit of the doubt that they may not be a native of this or any other English speaking culture, they respond in anger when I point out their lack of mastery of the language.  No one said anything about "gay marriage hookups" or "border jumpers" you homophobic isolationist.

If you are old enough to have a son that uses the computer, then you should have learned how to use a period and case sensitivity by now.  If you can't properly learn to use these (or even come close), then why should I feel that you are capable of learning how to safely use a firearm.  Although it is a right to own firearms, there are age restrictions on said ownership because it is reasonable to believe that once a person reaches that age they are responsible enough to safely use them.

After reading giggy's post, who out there can tell me that they believe that he is educated and mature enough to responsibly own firearms and raise children.  Remember to take into account the explosive tirade quoted above.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#23]
<Removed due to personal attacks.>
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
RANDY YES I AM YELLEING LOUD AS YOU FUCKING COMPUTER NERDS CALL IT SO FUCK YOU RANDY YOU BITCH ASS PUNK GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY FOURM WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE COMING ON MY FOURM AND TELLING ME MY FUCKING RIGHTS GROW UP YOU LITTLE BITCH THIS IS AMERICA YOU FUCKING BORDER JUMPING FAGGOT AND FOR THE GAY MARRIGE QOUTE I SAID THAT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU YOU COCKSUCKING QUEER SO STAY OFF OF MY FOURM IF YOU HATE ME SO MUCH AND YEAH I KNOW I DID NOT USE PERIODS THIS TIME- JUST TO PISS YOUR DUMB ASS UP STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER NERD AND MABYE YOU SHOULD TAKE A FIREARMS SAFTEY COURSE TO GET IT IN YOUR FUCKING THICK SKULL I DO HAVE KIDS AND THATS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS SO FUCK OFF AND SUCK MY DICK OR BETTER YET HAVE YOUR WIFE SUCK MY COCK BITCH! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND SHOOT SAFELY FAGGOT...

HEY I USED PERIODS HAPPY KNOW PUNK

Where are the Mods when you need them?  Have a nice day.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your life expectancy on AR15.com has just been greatly reduced.

no kidding!!!  

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your life expectancy on AR15.com has just been greatly reduced.

lol!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
<Removed>

I voted for "NOT BUY ONE AT ALL?" for the above reason.  He started the poll, he should get the honest answers.

-Randy aka "the supposed team member"

<Suggest you be a team player and let it go.  --thebeekeeper1>
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey mods, get giggy wit it and sho his ass sumthin funny !!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Giggy IM'ed me earlier, we talked back and forth for a while, he seems like a decent guy, hope he cools down some.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Welcome to ARFCOM Giggy!  I voted to wait so that I can have all those evil "assault" features like folding stocks and flash hiders! It's almost impossible to believe the libbys will have enough time or support to reinstate the ban at this point.  Although that could change after Nov.  I hope you're registered to vote?  Again welcome!

-YJ
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Takes all kinds Welcome Giggy.......and don't sweat the small stuff.

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks guys lets just all get  along sorry randy for making those rude comments and mabye from now on we could get along better i have nothing againest anyone on this site its just i got pissed off and then i just thought hey mabye my puncuation does suck lol no kidding.

and also my spelling i am just a speed demon crazy animal looking for a fun time and who types to fast to understand what hes reading seriously truse guys lets put our love, trust, and enjoyable times with this weapon and just get along and post some badass pictures and communicate with each other properly anyways i am out tired as hell so talk to you guys later once again sorry everybody meaning you to randy your probly like me good guy but crazy on the computer if you know what i mean anyways see y'all later, truse and shoot safe. sincerly, james johnson
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't sweat it giggy!  Those guys we're just ribbing you in good fun man.   Welcome
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Giggy,

Welcome to the site. Looks like you got the tame greeting.

If I may offer a bit of unsolicitated advice, and this is in no way a flame, use punctuation. There are many very knowledgable folks here, and some not so knowledgable, who will answer any question you may ask. And believe it or not, there are also those who will give you an answer when you don't ask a question.
The thing is most folks will just skip over a post like yours that is hard to read. With Lawyers, Doctors, Police, Computer Geeks, Mechanics, Plumbers, and many other holders of worthless knowledge and trivia as members, who even needs Encyclopedia Britannica?

Oh, and to answer your original question....get em all!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
With Lawyers, Doctors, Police, Computer Geeks, Mechanics, Plumbers,

Don't forget the hookers!!

(they always forget the hookers....)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I just witnessed the ARFcom version of a gang's "beating in" ritual!!!

Giggy, if you can make it through that, you're gonna be alright!!!

Oh, and the answer is: Buy them all!!  Just wait a month first..
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thanks guys lets just all get  along sorry randy for making those rude comments and mabye from now on we could get along better i have nothing againest anyone on this site its just i got pissed off and then i just thought hey mabye my puncuation does suck lol no kidding.

and also my spelling i am just a speed demon crazy animal looking for a fun time and who types to fast to understand what hes reading seriously truse guys lets put our love, trust, and enjoyable times with this weapon and just get along and post some badass pictures and communicate with each other properly anyways i am out tired as hell so talk to you guys later once again sorry everybody meaning you to randy your probly like me good guy but crazy on the computer if you know what i mean anyways see y'all later, truse and shoot safe. sincerly, james johnson

Don't sweat it to much man . I am dyslexic , and get a ribbing here and there . Go towww.iespell.comand down load that . It is the best thing I ever learned from ARFcom .
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't sweat it to much man . I am dyslexic , and get a ribbing here and there . Go towww.iespell.comand down load that . It is the best thing I ever learned from ARFcom .

And we all looove Kodiak!  

Ummmm, only in a "future uncle by marriage" kind of way.

Woody
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Probably not a great time to stop the Lithium giggy
Welcome (I think)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we all looove Kodiak!  

Ummmm, only in a "future uncle by marriage" kind of way.

Woody

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top