Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 2:56:04 PM EDT
Anyone for see back orders or inventory issues on new uppers from Bushmaster next month in the pre-ban configuration?  Should I order one now to have it in time for September 14, or do you think about a week out from that date is sufficient? Referring to uppers only.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't comment on what will happen in Sept. but I ordered a 16" patrolman's M4 barrel assembly last week and had it in a couple of days.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Same, I already ordered mine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a Bushy M4gery upper, 14.5 in barrel with perm phantom, a couple months ago,  all I have been doing is waiting....

Delevery time then was about a week.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a chrome lined M4 preban barrel 3 weeks ago from J&T (Excellent service might I add)

My brother in law ordered a complete M4 preban upper last week. J&T said they were out of chrome lined M4 barrels with no idea of when they were getting more. Wars raging on mutiple fronts, assault weapons ban expiring......
I'd probably get while the gettins good
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting my stuff lined up ahead of time to beat the crowds, so far this weekend I ordered:
All board supporters of course.

16" LMT upper with Larue 7.0 from MSTN
VLTOR Modstock kit with tube, buffer, etc. from Bravo Co. USA
Complete lower parts kit & Tango Down rail pannels from CMMG
Tango Down verticle grip & battle grip from G&R Tactical

Gonna get an Ameetec stripped lower and decide which BUIS to go with (Sugestions welcome) an aimpoint
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered a 14.5 with Phantom from Bushmaster on 8/6.  They advised about two to three weeks for delivery.  I think the closer to the big day the more orders will back log the suppliers.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
YES!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a pre-ban superlight upper from BM last week.  Barrels were in stock, so I'll get it this week.  If you ask if a part is in stock, they are happy to tell you.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered a pre-ban superlight upper from BM last week.  Barrels were in stock, so I'll get it this week.  If you ask if a part is in stock, they are happy to tell you.

-Randy

They advised my order was in stock also.  I believe the time period is said to be longer in case there are problems with stock or whatever.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea, I already picked up my A2 in anticipation of the 14th
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I am sure Bushmaster and all other major manufacturers have been anticipating this date for a long time and expect that they will be increased demand, remember this is a hobby for most of us, but a living for the people at Bushmaster. I am sure they will have plenty available.

According to the rules economics an increase in demand means an increase in price with limited goods. However, this is something they have been anticipating and likely been preparing for. Hopefully their will be an increase in production that matches that of the demand.

No one can really say unless they work for Bushy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
M4 and Superlite on the brown truck as we speak. Got other barrels last month.  Why wait? The ban is dead.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you order a post ban government profile barrel with the preban FS from Bushmaster now?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I placed an order with model 1 friday. I called today and they told me it is probably being shipped out today.
Hopefully by friday I will have another piece in my no-ban puzzle ready to go.

Editted to add:

Just make sure you keep all the pre/no-ban stuff far away from your post-ban stuff until the 14th! No need to take chances this close to the end.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Editted to add:

Just make sure you keep all the pre/no-ban stuff far away from your post-ban stuff until the 14th! No need to take chances this close to the end.

Comments added to satisfy board requirements and pacify those who have nothing better to do but monitor law abiding citizens' posts.

I couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
A2 Upper off to BM today to be rebarrelled w/ govt. profile. Off comes to 20" Post with a KKF A2 Tac Brake. KKF did the work on it. Took 10 weeks..    Well worth the wait but its time to move on.. Too bad!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered a CMMG MOD4 14.5" upper with perm phantom and folding front sight today.  I understand that this is a calculated risk however.  Anything is possible.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I have all my goodies, just standing by .
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have all my goodies, just standing by .

Mine are enroute. Why wait?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an upper from BM and a lower ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Getting my stuff lined up ahead of time to beat the crowds, so far this weekend I ordered:

Gonna get an Ameetec stripped lower and decide which BUIS to go with (Sugestions welcome) an aimpoint

LMT buis.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMT buis.  

I'm not so sure about the "always up" type BUIS. Do you have any problem using the Aimpoint while always looking through the BUIS?  Just curious, I've only seen pictures.    I do like the up-down range adjustments like on carry handle irons.  Any info is helpful.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top