Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 5:52:59 PM EDT
Anyone have a pic of an LE6920 lower receiver?  Specifically the model roll stamp.  I am told it is marked "M-4", but I need to see size, spacial relationship, etc.  This is for a potential remarking project to host a registered DIAS.  I have an LE6721, but I haven't seen the marks on the 6920's
TIA!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone????  Uh...  Hello....?  Maybe someone in the daytime?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
go here www.colt.com/law/downloads.asp

click on "Law Enforcement Carbine Photo 1 (300 dpi)"

Then look and see it does NOT have M4 on the lower.

ETA: and you have an AR6721 not LE6721.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep!  It's true   I zoomed WAY in and there are no M4 markings. Just Colt w/pony and Law Enforcement Carbine CAL. 5.56MM plus a S/N that is unreadable.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
go here www.colt.com/law/downloads.asp

click on "Law Enforcement Carbine Photo 1 (300 dpi)"

Then look and see it does NOT have M4 on the lower.

ETA: and you have an AR6721 not LE6721.

Looks like the LEO Colt is marked "Colt MFG".
The web site's LE section is titled "Colt Defense"
Very confusing!
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
My AR6721 lower is marked Colt Defense.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The upper receivers here that are on LE6920's have an M4 stamp. Nothing as such on the lowers though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Front of mag well:  Pony in circle.  COLT COLTS LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE CAL. 5.56MM SER. LE00XXXX  Above trigger/hammer pins: COLT'S MFG. CO. INC. HARTFORD, CONN. U.S.A.  SAFE SEMI
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]
SAFE, SEMI.....   ..... Hmmmm....  Didn't know that one either....  I don't have to change "FIRE" to "SEMI"...  Cool!  No M4 mark though....  Oh well...

Thanks a lot guys!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SAFE, SEMI.....   ..... Hmmmm....  Didn't know that one either....  I don't have to change "FIRE" to "SEMI"...  Cool!  No M4 mark though....  Oh well...

Thanks a lot guys!!!

What?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks a lot guys!!!

What?

When remarking a receiver for use with a RDIAS(registered drop in auto-sear) it is common to correct the selector markings.  Instead of welding over the 'FIRE' marking, and restamping it 'SEMI', it already says 'SEMI'.  Now all a person would have to do is stamp in 'AUTO'.  Saves some trouble that way.  I was told (incorrectly) that the LE6920 had 'M4' roll stamped on it as it's receiver model marking.  I wanted to have one remarked for a cool sear host.  Oh well... I'm still seriously thinking about it.  

And also Spooge5150: Thank you very much for the link!  It was very helpful!  My AR6721 (ya-got me on that one too) is marked Colt MFG...  oh well...

Thanks again guys!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Great pics G22...mine looks just like that but says "Colt Defense"  

I wonder what the difference is???

CS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top