Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2004 6:34:13 PM EDT
For those of you that have skeleton stocks with the foam sleeve , do you like them?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I must say I don't have an ACE skeleton stock but I'm going to get one some day. I've heard nothing but good things about them for the most part. It's really a personal preference. When they first came out they didn't appeal to me, but now I would love to have one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I like it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Love it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine... Very solid and very comfy on the field

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I like mine.  My next 20" barrel rifle will be getting a second one.

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
showoff  

I guess I shouldn't post my upcoming Labor Day hog huntin pics, NO Hog pics for you... No soup for you !
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the pics and info. Think I will get one this weekend. It seems to look good on all of the different setups.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got mine yesterday and put it on in a second.  Well, it took me a while to figure I should use Windex to get the foam sleeve on.  

Well, besides that I LOVE IT.  It is very comfortable, strong, sturdy and light.
When the ban is over, I wonder if ACE will produce a Skeleton Folding Stock.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the ACE skeleton stocks from Model 1 Sales a few weeks ago.  $85, and they INCLUDE an extension tube, buffer spring, and buffer.  I'm still not sure if I used the right grease on the threads (LONG story), but I've been very happy with the stock.  It can scratch up, if you care about such things.

Now I just need to finish saving money to buy an upper from M1S - then I can actually go shoot!
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I bought one of the ACE skeleton stocks from Model 1 Sales a few weeks ago.  $85, and they INCLUDE an extension tube, buffer spring, and buffer.  I'm still not sure if I used the right grease on the threads (LONG story), but I've been very happy with the stock.  It can scratch up, if you care about such things.

Now I just need to finish saving money to buy an upper from M1S - then I can actually go shoot!

I got mine from Model 1 Sales also for $85. Best deal I have found.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an ACE skeleton stock on a 16" CAR. I got it instead of a non-collapsible CAR stock (Non-collapsible CAR stocks make no sense to me). I really like it. To me it seems like it is more durable than an A-2 stock although I can't be sure about this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I personally find them to be very ugly. That being said, lots of folks like them and the foam keeps your cheek from getting cold in the winter.

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just got mine yesterday and put it on in a second.  Well, it took me a while to figure I should use Windex to get the foam sleeve on.  

Well, besides that I LOVE IT.  It is very comfortable, strong, sturdy and light.
When the ban is over, I wonder if ACE will produce a Skeleton Folding Stock.

They already do, called the SOCOM (I think); it's on the ACE website. I also intend to get one in September.

I have the regular ACE, it comes on the Bushmaster Modular Carbine; I like it more everytime I shoot it, in spite of it being ugly. And everyone that's shot my carbine liked the stock even better than I did.

ETA:
Oops, just realized you said "folding" stock, not "collapsible". My bad; I still want one
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#18]
AR15KittyKat:

If your gonna blur out your face, you might as well blur your tattoo or any distinguishing marks as well...
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know if the buffer tube for the full size ACE is the same as the A2 stock? I would like to pick one up , but I don't know if I need a new buffer, tube and spring with it or not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
AR15KittyKat:

If your gonna blur out your face, you might as well blur your tattoo or any distinguishing marks as well...

I thought it was just acne...
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the buffer tube for the full size ACE is the same as the A2 stock? I would like to pick one up , but I don't know if I need a new buffer, tube and spring with it or not.

It uses standard A2.  Model 1 comes with a exgtra tube but I just didn't use it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered my ACE entry skeleton stock from Midway a few days ago for $79. It only comes with buffer tube, but I didn't need the buffer and spring anyway. I was going to get it from Model 1 sales but for some strange reason their entry model is $110 but the full length version is only $85 and they both come with buffer/tube/spring. WTF?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AR15KittyKat:

I thought it was just acne...

Does anyone here have that collapsable M-4 one? How is it? Im looking for an alternative to the M4/VLTOR/LMT stocks
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#24]
How light are these ACE skeleton stocks say compared to an RRA 6-pos Collapsible stock?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got one and I like it. Good shoulder fit and cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't have an ACE with the foam on it, but I have an ACE for my DR-200, and it's rock solid quality.  I wouldn't hesitate at all to get one for an AR if the build called for it.

Hmmmm... I know... this can give me another excuse to build another AR!!!

LOL

As if I need another excuse!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top