Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2004 7:05:08 PM EDT
Hey everyone I am looking to build a pretty accurate ar15 varmint rifle and was looking at Model 1 sales flattop varmint kit. Anyone know about or have used their parts? Any help is appreciated.

p.s. thanks for the info on m&a parts

Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
i have not used the varmint kit, but have had 20 inch, and some carbine kits, all were good functioning rifles, and accurate as can be
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Use the "Search" function - This has been gone over a million times.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
there is nothing in the search about it
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there is nothing in the search about it

....and the search function only goes back 30 days.  Not much of a search.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
xc2, I built a Model-1 flat-top kit with a 16" fluted, stainless BBL for a buddy of mine on top of a Mega reciever with a two-stage trigger in it and it'll make ragged holes all day long at 100 mtrs.

My buddy handloads for it and has some nice glass sitting on top but the upper hasn't let him down one bit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Got  a 24" flattop flutted barrel from Model 1.  Very accurate, great price and great quality.  Would never hesitate to get another kit from Model 1.

556man

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
wow! that's an awesome rifle, looks almost exactly like what I want.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
here is my model 1 kit with a stag arms lower and DD 12.0 rail
the barrel is a standard heavy 1-8" twist (not the bull barrel) and it loves the 68gr black hills

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Got  a 24" flattop flutted barrel from Model 1.  Very accurate, great price and great quality.  Would never hesitate to get another kit from Model 1.

556man

www.hunt101.com/img/155332.JPG

Hey how much did that rifle kit cost minus the scope?  And how much assembly is required when you recieve one of those kits?  Finally are there any parts that don't come with the kit that are necessary to be able to fire the weapon?  Thanx
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought an M4 upper from them recently, shoots excellent, but finish isnt as good as others--as in the seam under the carry handle is very rough, was not sanded smooth after manu.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Its simple to put together. Just print out the instructions from this website and do as they say. I built an M1S M4gery and its great!

An try going to this part part of these forums. ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=199403
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a lot of trouble with my upper from my model 1 kit.  I eventually wound up ditching it an getting a bushy upper to go with the model 1 lower parts in my ASA lower.  The rifle is it's present state is near perfection, despite the cringe inducing ASA on the side.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Hey how much did that rifle kit cost minus the scope? And how much assembly is required when you recieve one of those kits? Finally are there any parts that don't come with the kit that are necessary to be able to fire the weapon? Thanx

I'm sure ya know you'll need a stripped lower receiver, right? Assemble the lower with the parts that come in the kit and mate it with the already assembled upper and you're good to go. Assembling the lower doesn't really require any special tools... other than that.. just add Ammo??

Rick

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hey how much did that rifle kit cost minus the scope? And how much assembly is required when you recieve one of those kits? Finally are there any parts that don't come with the kit that are necessary to be able to fire the weapon? Thanx

I'm sure ya know you'll need a stripped lower receiver, right? Assemble the lower with the parts that come in the kit and mate it with the already assembled upper and you're good to go. Assembling the lower doesn't really require any special tools... other than that.. just add Ammo?? href=wecsog.org/2guns.gif

Doesnt the kit already come wit a stripped lower reciever?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
My IPSC rifle has a Model 1 upper... works great:

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Doesnt the kit already come wit a stripped lower reciever?

Nope - that's the part that is considered a firearm and will have to be transferred through an FFL. If Model 1 or any of the "parts companies" sold the kit with the lower then in addition to having to be transferred through an FFL, you would also have to pay an excise tax.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top