BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2004 10:44:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great; maybe you might want the intro image to continue to your store, though?

It was the first thing I clicked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 1:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
this is not meant to piss you off but to give opinions:

1>  main intro page, the pic either does not need to be a link or have it go to /Products.html
2>  colors, the blue on grey background is hard to read
3>  the site is not all the same, sometimes i will go to a page where all is left justified and other the page is centered.
4>  some of the pages have a different background colors
5>  on the left menu bar, some of the mouse overs give you a different pic, like cold steel, you get a knife, but others don't.  i would say make them all the same where they just change color and not put a graphic in as the new graphic is hard to read
6>  the site doesn't keep you in itself, it makes you feel like you have left it.  my suggestion would be to use the menu bar, create a graphic for the top and then have each page the same template with the different info on it.  something like www.cavalryarms.com, but using your current theme.  i like the type of buttons and such.
7>  personally i think the menu should be either in alphabetical order or in subject order, knives go with knives, etc
8>  there are different page titles, some say jtac other say stuff like lewis machine, vltor -> am now at the lewis machine website?  all of the titles in your website should be your name - jtacksupply
9>  some of the pics link take you to pics that are smaller than the thumbnails

just for your info, most eveything works on my linux box as well as my xp pro box.

hope this helps :)

good luck :)
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 1:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The black on blue tabs on the left are kind of hard to see.  I've seen worse though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#4]
the welcome page picture takes too long to download on 56k connection.

By the way are you selling the LMT enhanced generation 2 buttstock?

I am looking for a price on this and the also milspec buffer tube , spring,h buffer, nut, endplate.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The black on blue tabs on the left are kind of hard to see.  I've seen worse though.

+1
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks  pretty good to me, all I seen that needs changed, is the text on the blue  buttons.
Use white or yellow,something  easier to see.

TG
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Sand and refinish your deck and then take anothe picture.

Quoted:

Agreed. Try white or a light shade of orange.
Justify instead of center your page text.

Are you writing it in HTML or using a WYSIWYG program (i.e. MS Front Page). I use Front Page for now, until I finish Web Design school... I use the option of "Use Background info" from the main page for all of the subordinate pages... this covers text colors and background images. Another option, although not preferred by some would be to set up the page using frames (without the borders/seams), where all of the menu buttons are in their own frame and therefore don't have to reload with every new page. This tends to slow it down a bit.
Once I learn more advanced editting I'll probably rework my site with CSS.

Quoted:
5>  on the left menu bar, some of the mouse overs give you a different pic, like cold steel, you get a knife, but others don't.  i would say make them all the same where they just change color and not put a graphic in as the new graphic is hard to read
7>  personally i think the menu should be either in alphabetical order or in subject order, knives go with knives, etc

Link Posted: 7/29/2004 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
this is not meant to piss you off but to give opinions:

1>  main intro page, the pic either does not need to be a link or have it go to /Products.html
2>  colors, the blue on grey background is hard to read
3>  the site is not all the same, sometimes i will go to a page where all is left justified and other the page is centered.
4>  some of the pages have a different background colors
6>  the site doesn't keep you in itself, it makes you feel like you have left it.  my suggestion would be to use the menu bar, create a graphic for the top and then have each page the same template with the different info on it.  something like www.cavalryarms.com, but using your current theme.  i like the type of buttons and such.
8>  there are different page titles, some say jtac other say stuff like lewis machine, vltor -> am now at the lewis machine website?  all of the titles in your website should be your name - jtacksupply

just for your info, most eveything works on my linux box as well as my xp pro box.

hope this helps :)

good luck :)

All of the points bob332 made are good the blue are one I noticed right off the bat.

Also the product pics that use the back deck a background would play better if the background was a solid color even plain cardboard or a sheet.

Link Posted: 7/29/2004 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't see what is written on the blue button at all. Whn I put my cursor on it, I can read it down at the bottom of the page though. You should probabaly change that.
I had made this suggestion to ADCO: Make a "build your own SPR" page. That way we can pick out all the features we want on our uppers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#11]
i do like the colors better, much easier to read, the red almost looks pink though (could be my monitor).  is it R=255 G=0 B=0 or FF 00 00?

another suggestion would be to use borders around the pics.  just 1pt, a hairline, but i think that helps out quite a bit.

orders and precision reflex pages are still centered and not left justified

eotech has a couple of red periods (.) instead of black

again, personally i think you need to have a logo on top that is about 770px (to stay away from the horizontal scroll bar on a 800x600 monitor) wide.  this way everything will go under it and help keep the site tied together.  do you have a logo?  motto?

i do like the way you changed the titles of each of the pages

i would take the info on the /LMT.html page off the top, all of the other pages are set up to the top with no cushion, when clicking through and you come across the lmt page, everything jumps down to accomadate the line of text at the top.

could you add a "view cart" button at the bottom of the menu bar and take it off the other pages?  that way it will always be in the same spot, when navigating the site, it seems to be everywhere but never in the same place on each page.

i would take off the counter, that info is for you, not everyone else, in my opinion

i do like the changes you have made already, looking good :)
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't read thru everything above so this might have already been mentioned.  Not a big deal but a little bit unusual for me at least.  When you purchase an item that says $30 shipped and you add to cart and the item rings up $25 (only to add $5 later on checkout), it's accurate but as a customer I have to go back and review things in a cart containing multiple items.  If you're going to charge shipping, why not just advertise the item as $25 + $5 shipping?
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Better with the white letter in the menu buttons.

I still think you should justify the paragraphs and see how it looks. Especially on the entry page.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang Jason you should just hire this bob guy.  I do have one more suggestion though.....
Lets get a posse together and snatch someone from YHM for ransom of some carbine length handguards so you can finish my upper.  You do need a logo/motto also so I can get a T-Shirt.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#16]
jaosn,

when deciding and creating a logo keep in mind that although it is very easy to create photo realistic logos electronically, when you have business cards made up, sometimes those are pretty expensive vs. the ones that are just one color -> more of line art.  also, for your letterhead the same applies.

examples are cavalry arms, colt and dpms, off the top of my head.  these logos all look great, but are also cheap to reproduce.  you can use your own laser printer and word when creating the letter head and you can import them into your billing software(usually) and they will look nice, which will mean you don't have to spend alot of $$$ on custom letterhead.

also when you go to get t-shirts made up, these type of logos are easier, thus cheaper to make since the screen printer will only need to make one screen for screen printing instead of 4.

just an fyi :)
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump for Jason.  His website looks even better since this thread.  So go buy something from him already!!!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top