Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2004 1:00:54 PM EDT
Are they going to loosen up after September, or am I stuck with the Fab-10?
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be some hope that it can be overturned, since the CA law is based on the federal or whatever.  I've also heard of a bill that supposedly will once again allow the so called "assault weapons" to be sold in CA again, the only catch is that you can not use any magazine over the capacity of 10, not even prebans or the ones you have possessed before the AWB.

But chances are, we're stuck with the FAB10.  And they might eventually take that away from us as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... the only catch is that you can not use any magazine over the capacity of 10, not even prebans or the ones you have possessed before the AWB.

WTF?

And isn't the terminator an anti?  I thought he supported renewal of the ban.  If so, I doubt he'd let the existing be overturned.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be some hope that it can be overturned, since the CA law is based on the federal or whatever.  I've also heard of a bill that supposedly will once again allow the so called "assault weapons" to be sold in CA again, the only catch is that you can not use any magazine over the capacity of 10, not even prebans or the ones you have possessed before the AWB.

But chances are, we're stuck with the FAB10.  And they might eventually take that away from us as well.

You said hope and California in the same sentence.

Link Posted: 7/26/2004 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Fed sunset will have nothing to do with the state ban due to Californistan not being a state but a nation of it's own. The Governator is also quite anti-gun so AW's will not be removed any time soon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fed sunset will have nothing to do with the state ban due to Californistan not being a state but a nation of it's own. The Governator is also quite anti-gun so AW's will not be removed any time soon.

Really?  I wouldnt expect him to be anti-gun.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#7]
i know right? thats why i am going to put in for residency in the next base i get stationed in. ive had enough of the PRK. i cannot even get an AR15.. i got an M1, got a K98 sniper... want a black rifle!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Airtranscrash

If you're on active duty, you can bring in any AR's that you might have kept in a neighboring state.

Its been covered in detail here on ARFcom, just run a search.

Or check with calguns.net

Link Posted: 7/27/2004 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well in some respects the CA ban is not as strict as the curren Fed law but that does not include ARs.

Unless you had some kind of AR gun that shot only .22 LR.

CRC
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Swarzenegger sucks he made his money from portraying said weapons in an iresponsible manner like in his movie COMMANDO every one thinks gun shops sell rocket launchers and machine guns from a secret room.I bet he has a few firearms stashed away to protect himself and his family.What a loser.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Swarzenegger sucks he made his money from portraying said weapons in an iresponsible manner like in his movie COMMANDO every one thinks gun shops sell rocket launchers and machine guns from a secret room.I bet he has a few firearms stashed away to protect himself and his family.What a loser.

I can't believe that he wouldn't have guns anyway.  He has tanks and all kinds of military only stuff.  It has been said that he was the first civ to own a Hummer and the reason they started selling in the small numbers to civs.  It sucks either way for you Kalifornians, you got it bad
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
he is married to a democRAT...i voted McClintock
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Best solution................Move to another state, Cali is gonna fall into the ocean one day according to all my grandparents
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The Terminator sucks, he probably own couple of full autos and a few military jets.  This is just because he has some political ties and made governor .  I wonder if any CHP has ever gave him a ticket for speeding?  Sac is notorious for issuing tickets (like 5 over the limit)
I'm getting out of KAL, can't stand it anymore.......damn the heat and now this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Why don’t you guys get out of Occupied Territory and go live in a Free State?
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Ahhnold was ELECTED governor..he did not "make" governor because he has some "political ties".
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Isnt it ironic that right next to kommiefornia is the state of Nevada where its just about all allowed, machineguns...assualt type weapons...you name and we can have it.  No drive by bayonetings over here either LOL. Only one way to own the weapons you really want ...get the f*ck out of there as fast as you can go. Every gun I own is illegal in Kommiefornia. The AWB sunset aint gonna help you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#19]
you guys may want to check this link out...

it states that if you use a 22LR kit in a AR15 would exempt it from SB23..????

www.nramemberscouncils.com/CAL-DOJregs2.shtml

"Converting firearms to fire rimfire cartridges, instead of centerfire, is a legal alternative to registering a firearm under SB-23. The example discussed was that of a Bushmaster XM15 with the designation of ".223 caliber" on the lower receiver. DOJ Staff admitted that function of the firearm is what determines the necessity of registration, not the labeling or name. Thus, an "AR-15 type" firearm that has been converted to .22 long rifle (with a conversion kit) would "exempt it completely" from SB-23 and the "Assault Weapon" designation. "
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to Hycheng for posting this in the Hometown forum:

Noop, not legal according to CA DOJ

> Dear Mr. XXXXX,
>
> Your request for information has been received and review. All "AR"
> series firearms are controlled as assault weapons regardless of
> their characteristics or caliber. "AR" style rifles/lower receivers
> manufactured to only accept ..22LR rimfire are not controlled as assault
> weapons but adding a .22LR rimfire upper to a an "AR" series lower
> receiver is not permissable. If you have any further questions or
> concerns please feel free to contact the Firearms Division at (916)
> 263-4887.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nate Barrell, Analyst
> Firearms Division
>

Link Posted: 8/2/2004 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#22]
So, you California folks with Post-Ban-configured-SB23-Registered AR's, what features are you gonna add after the AW Ban Sunset?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a registered Match Target here in Kali.  I just bought the Model1Sales 6.8 upper for it and like everyone else, am waiting to be able to buy ammo to shoot it.

If this caliber works out, this will primarily be a hunting gun anyway.  So I'm giving thought to maybe getting a FAB 10 lower.  

You only shoot it a few times a year and are limited to 2 rounds in the magizine (1 in the chamber)anyway for hunting.  After you've shot off 3 rounds, you've probably scared off all the game around you anyway.  I have a 5 round .223 mag that I'm going to short block for hunting.

So pull the back pin, put your two more rounds in mag and continue on.  It's not as cool as doing a combat reload, but it might not be that bad.

IF, that's what a person wants to use the gun for.  If  you expect a fire fight,...that's a different story.

If anyone has a FAB 10, lets hear from you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  I wouldnt expect him to be anti-gun.  Interesting.

Politicians go with whats popular.. look at Kerry.. 'nuf said...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think the problem is not that they may well eventually take them away, that we may give them up without any real struggle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top