Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2004 12:48:28 PM EDT
Probably asked often, search didn't help me, so I am wondering if someone can lead me to a company that will re-finish my older pre-ban lower in the new darker "socom black" mil-Spec finish.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want anodizing like they come with from the factory, contact Precision Coatings. They are recommended by Bushmaster.

PC of Titusville
701 Columbia Blvd
Building 401
Titusville, Fla
(321) 267-1161

If you don't want it re-anodized, I'd go with Walter Birdsong's Black T finish.

WE Birdsong & Associates
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS 39073
(601)-939-7448

If you want molycoat instead, contact John Norrell for his black SOCOM molycoat finish.

John Norrell Arms

Link Posted: 7/23/2004 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Probably asked often, search didn't help me, so I am wondering if someone can lead me to a company that will re-finish my older pre-ban lower in the new darker "socom black" mil-Spec finish.
Thanks!

If you want your lower finished in standard black, then anodizing is the only way to go.  It is milspec and the most durable.  

If you need a different color that nobody anodizes then you should use the other two.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me make a shameless plug for a refinishing thread I just wrote up!  Take a look at it, and see how you can do it yourself for MUCH cheaper, and still have quality work.  For under $50, you can redo a couple AR15s.  Take a look, see what you think.

www.glocksunlocked.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10200

Below is an example of a 12 year old beater AR15 that I refinished and did some work to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Hey Stickman,
Very nice article, however the images don't seem to show up...

Regards,
Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks!

Who is the mfg. of your lower?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Stickman,
Very nice article, however the images don't seem to show up...

Regards,
Bigfeet

Hmmm, being as I'm an admin on that site, I should probably check that out and get it fixed.  I'm on vacation, so it might not be up for another week if I can't do it remote.

Thanks for bringing it up, I feel quite low now.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Norrells has the "SOCOM" black finish. I had a Colt lower refinished with it a few years ago.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top