Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 5:36:31 PM EDT
I have a new Bushmaster with the standard single stage trigger.

The trigger is OK, but  I want to replace it with a better one.

What is the best trigger in terms of money versus value?

I want to stay as far under $200 as possible.

What is the "ford F-150" of replacement triggers?  The cheapo that "everyone" gets?

Thanks, fellers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to recomend the Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger that you can get  from Brownells.

I don't mean to sound offensive,,,,,,and I am a person who likes to joke and cut up on this site......but............you need to lose the funny lettering in order for us to take you serious.

This is not an AOL chat room....................
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Any thing cheap is bound to break sooner or later.Even the high end 2 stage triggers can break down under hard use.Unless you have a competition or varmint/sniper version AR I would stick to the standard trigger..just my .02....927
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That's true, one should lay off the BS when asking a serious question.

Thanks for your help in any case.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If the stock trigger is retained, can it be smoothed up somewhat?

It is inferior to the trigger on my USGI garand.

T.I.A.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt say inferior,just a different design.I think the AR trigger is simpler and easier to work on.You can make it a bit smoother by shooting alot or take a piece of jewelers polishing stick and lightly polish the bearing surface of the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If the stock trigger is retained, can it be smoothed up somewhat?

It is inferior to the trigger on my USGI garand.

T.I.A.

Sure, try the inexpensive 15 Minute Triggerjob yourself before shelling out the clams for a new trigger.  It might be enough for you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll second Rambosky's vote for the Accuracy Speaks trigger group. It won't give the absolutely perfect trigger that some of the adjustable units will but, it's a WHOLE lot better than stock and it WON"T break under heavy usage.

My 2 pesos.

SD
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top