Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 10:31:34 AM EDT
I though I remebered a post a while back but search is down.  Has anyone had any problems ordering from them? Since wholesale Hunters XM-193 is on backorder i thought i would give the IMI a try.

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No Problems.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered numerous  cases of ammo from them with zero problems. Every ordered arrived on time and complete.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a case of IMI from them last year with no problems. I think you're gonna get a whole lot of posts to the contrary however. Seems a lot here have had some rather nasty dealings with Botach.

Shabo
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had a problem. I placed and order and it was never shipped. When I contacted them about my order it was shipped promptly and I received a second call wondering if my problem was taken care of.

Was the problem worth the $40 I saved on what I ordered? Yes. Would I order from them again? No.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems their record is dismal at best. They do bait and swithch etc. from many reports.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I know of several people who have had problems, but I have not.  In every case of those having problems they did not call first to verify that the item was in stock before ordering, then when the order did not come in a timely manor, it caused "the problem."  The rule that I have adopted with them, and most others now, is call and verify that what you are ordering is in fact in stock and ready to ship, unless you don't mind waiting.  Some companies, not many, but some, will charge your CC when you order, not when you ship.  Then if your order is held up a month or so, you are paying interest on something you don't have, and I know I don't like that.  It always pays to read ordering information because the legit companies that do this tell you in the ordering information section about that policy right up front.  I do not recall if Botach chargers first and ships later on backorders because that has never applied to any of my orders, but check that out first, call to verify stock, and you won't have any trouble.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
They have screwed up every order I've placed except ammo. This also seems to with many, many, many people.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Streamlight scorpion order bungled so badly I will *never* buy from them again, and willl *always* warn people away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Man do we need the "Search" function back...

I have ordered from theem twice, no problems at all.  Others have not been so fortunate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I placed an order and made it very clear that whatever wasn't in stock should not be back ordered.  It was backordered. I called several times, and still coudln't get my items that were in stock.  I ended up canceling my order after months of aggravation, and it took me almost a full year to get my money back.

I have been told that if you call and verify that an item is in stock, that you will get decent service/ shipping.

I'll never bother to find out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry that you guys are having so much trouble. I've probably ordered 20 times from them and have never had a problem.  

The only time an item was out of order was a TDI light mount. They called me the next day to advise me that it was not in stock and they wouldn't carry it anymore.  They just replaced it with a Fobus.  No fuss and it arrived promptly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
None of it is 100% with them. Nothing. Eventually, Botach will screw everyone. Its what they do. There are no secrets or tricks.

"They'll find you, and screw you.  That's what they do.  That's ALL they do!!!!"

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top