Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 8:47:32 PM EDT
I am looking at getting some rail covers for my forearm. All I see are the full size covers. Does anyone use the low profile covers? Does anyone like them? Does anyone have pictures of low profile covers on their AR's? Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Wes at MSTN has some good pics of his customers' guns w/ ladder type (lo-pro) rail cover/protectors.
He'll set you up as soon as he see's this thread.  Or you could look over in the EE for some of his customer's guns in his threads.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The ladder-like low profile covers are pretty good but something in between the low profiles and full covers might be just right (like in the pic). Many people sell them but this is a pic of Bushmaster's version. I have most types of rail covers and I really can't say which one is the best, it's really a personal pref.

edit: You can space these however you'd like too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The ladder covers came w/ my Surefire M73 HGs and NO I don't care for them. (sorry no pics)

With KAC panels running $22 ea. I prefer the Yankee Hill covers which are shown above (identical to those from Bushmaster) which cost $11 ea. for full panels. And yes they sell smaller panels.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the low profile ones, they still protect the rails but don't cover them up changing the appearance of the forearm.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I have some of the MagPul ladder rail covers on the upper part of my RAS-II and I must say that I like the feel they create.  It is comfortable, yet unobtrusive.  

Try some out.  And keeping trying different ones out until you find one you like.  There are so many good ones that eventually you are bound to find some you like.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
No offense intended, but....

Looks like quite a knuckle-buster ya got there Rambosky........

You couldn't fit your hand around the HG of your rifle on a bet.

How much does that thing weight?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to continue the hijack, but Mr_Wilson, I emailed about your Surefire lo-pros.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like quite a knuckle-buster ya got there Rambosky....

I get it!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not to continue the hijack, but Mr_Wilson, I emailed about your Surefire lo-pros.  

Check your e-mail or IM.......

Send me your shippin address to: [email protected] and I'll dig 'em out tonight and I'll send 'em off tommorrow.

No comp necessary.

Mike

(sorry for the continued hijack, but the IM seems to be a bit flakey)
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am looking at getting some rail covers for my forearm. All I see are the full size covers. Does anyone use the low profile covers? Does anyone like them? Does anyone have pictures of low profile covers on their AR's? Thank you, Phessor

A lot of our customers use the full size panels on the bottom and sides of the forearms and the low profile protectors on the top rail. We've got both styles of the Magpul versions available in black, od, coyote and desert tan all in full size for $11.50 each. We've also got a few of the 3-packs of the smaller panels and protectors left in either black or OD for $9.00 each.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Michael

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I too use the Mag-Pul low profile ladder covers on the USC and AR-15s.  I did not care for the full cover panels I had first at all and like the ladder covers much better.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top