Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 2:18:01 PM EDT
Today was the first of our three day course.  Took apart the M-16 completely except bbl and front sight base.  Tomorrow, we take off the bbl assy.

Got several great Colt manuals with great pics and quite a few additional handouts.  Also, a special price list on some Colt rifles and Pistols for course grads.

Even got a handout that breaks down Colt models by year group and it then gives fire control pin sizes and front/back take down hole sizes, even some info by serial number.

Hell, even if today was all there was to it, I'd be happy.  So far, got a free Colt hat as well.  Great course!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool! How'd you get into the course? Is it available everywhere, or just select states/cities?

thanks,
kc
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The course is being put on at the local college through their CJ accdy.  My department sent two of us to attend a class of 22, free of charge to us and the department.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!

Colt doing something good for an LE agency!!

I have some friends (SWAT) who are having hell with Colt right now......
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Is Ken Elmore teaching the class?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow!

Actually Colt has been involved with LE angencies for quite some time.  What kind of problems are the guys having?  I just took purchase of my 2nd Colt LEO M4 (#LE6920) this last week.  Both are great guns.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ask if there's really a difference with black extractor spring inserts...  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask if there's really a difference with black extractor spring inserts...  

That's funny.

According to Ken's Website DAVE BATES is teaching in OLUSTEE, FL.  I tried to get Ken to let me take an Armorers course, but it was a No Go.

I think you have to go thru your agency.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I love this!

From Ken's Basic AR-15 Class Requirements:

AR-15 type .223 Rifle or Carbine (Rentals Available) Any Student that has a copy of a Colt Rifle or Carbine that breaks during the course will have to rent a Colt Carbine or leave the class with No Refund!

Ken Rules.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to the Colt course in Hollywood (FL) next week as a refresher. It's a tough duty but someone had to go.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#10]
where can I findout if there is going to be a class like this offered in Houston Texas.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow!

Actually Colt has been involved with LE angencies for quite some time.  What kind of problems are the guys having?  I just took purchase of my 2nd Colt LEO M4 (#LE6920) this last week.  Both are great guns.

Jeff,

IM sent.

Monty
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Id love to put my pre Bushy carbine up against kens rules,after 7000 rounds and good maintenece its nice and smoothe,now if I could only aford the class.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#13]
You should ask him if all the things taught in the class are similar for BM and H&K M4's!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
should ask em why they rip you off with the pocket book
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Dave Bates is our instructor.  He is doing a very fine job if I do say so myself.

I'll fire my Bushmaster Pre Ban against any other rifle as well for function.  I own three Colts and still don't have ANY problems with any of my rifles, Bushmaster, RRA, or Colt.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
should ask em why they rip you off with the pocket book

No flame intended, but have you ever posted anything positive?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

do i really care what you think?  I think not now runaway little man
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do i really care what you think?  I think not now runaway little man

Runaway from someone named Drew...I think not.  Let me know when you're ready to end it all little boy so I can help you aim the pistol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I love this!

AR-15 type .223 Rifle or Carbine (Rentals Available) Any Student that has a copy of a ColtARMALITE Rifle or Carbine that breaks during the course will have to rent a Colt Carbine or leave the class with No Refund!

Ken Rules.

Ken's memory is horrible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love this!

AR-15 type .223 Rifle or Carbine (Rentals Available) Any Student that has a copy of a ColtARMALITE Rifle or Carbine that breaks during the course will have to rent a Colt Carbine or leave the class with No Refund!

Ken Rules.

Ken's memory is horrible.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top