Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2004 1:59:47 PM EDT
Is is really worth it?  Has anyone tested one to see if it improved accuracy on your AR?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it worth it there only like a $1.00 not breaking the bank.  Though they do not increase the accuracy of the rifle they do make the Upper and the lower fit tighter together making it more solid
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Save your $$$, make one out of a pencil erasor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one today, but I its too large and wont allow the takedown pin to be reinserted into my Knight's rifle. However it drops perfectly into my father's Colt lower. Is there anyway to make it fit into my rifle?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Gunshow,
My Armalite is the same way.What you have to do is cut the base of the wedge down until you can get the upper closed with just a little pressure.Mine is about 1/16" thick after cutting it down.I also had to cut the upright/tail part down a bit to clear the carrier.
The wedge really does tighten the receivers and willing to bet it buffers some of the shock on the pivot and take down pins.Worth the money to me.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It puts more stress on the rear take down pin than shooting ever will as the wedge forces the receivers apart,too much stress for my liking..svae your money get used to a bit of movement.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It puts more stress on the rear take down pin than shooting ever will as the wedge forces the receivers apart,too much stress for my liking..svae your money get used to a bit of movement.

Ditto.

It stresses out the rear takedown pin..and lest I remind you, aluminium stretches. Your rear takedown holes may get elongated. MAY.

Not will, may.

Some people really like them, others don't. Accuracy, as I understand it, is entirely contained in the upper, to which the sights are affixed...so a tighter fit should not effect accuracy, theoretically.

To each their own, but I don't use them anymore. No need.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I only need one in my old Colt carbine, all other AR's are tight.  Don't use it if it's not needed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
an O-ring around the front lug works too.  I have one in my PWA Commando lower.  Needed it to stop the play with my Bushmaster upper.  Works great.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top