Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2004 12:22:19 PM EDT
You can buy it from S.A.W. sales contact tina at 480-940-7397.Wont that be grand after the AWB sun sets put a real M-4 upper on it.You know what I will be doing!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Price??
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
with all internals $399.00!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do they have a website?

www.sawlesales.com
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dam thats pricey!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dam thats pricey!

No shit! I just put a stripped RRA receiver and parts kit together for $150!
Threw on an old stock from my spares and she's good to go at half the price.
I guess the pony picture costs $249.

$150 RRA (New)

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dam thats pricey!

$150 RRA (New)

home.comcast.net/~s0ulzer0/pixx/RRA_02.jpg

And your upper may or may not fit without a sledgehammer

Behold RRA's "quality control":

Two RRA lowers with sequential serial numbers:

Oopsie! Guess this dimension isn't overly critical, huh?

The bottom line is that if you think the only difference is the pony, then you deserve whatever you get

I love my RRAs, but I've come to accept that their QC tolerance issues are systematic, rather than sporadic. Nobody builds a perfect AR, but some firms are obviously more careful than others.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
CJan,

You are letting facts cloud the issue here!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh No!! Colt man has "really shown me"! Gasp!

I'm very happy for you CJan_NH.

IMO, the upper is the most important part of an AR. As long as the lower
functions and dosen't fall apart in your hand - it's all good to me.
I'll spend that extra $249 towards the upper.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

I'm very happy for you too, kiddo.

You are living proof that ignorance is bliss

By the way, I think the fries are done...

I think it's adorable how you revert to rationalizing and making excuses. There's no need to do it for my sake, you're the one who has to live with your choices.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

It's all good!
You can be blissful all you want!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#13]
isnt that SAW company the same jackass that came on here and said he didnt need OUR business because he was under the impression that he was the only COLT parts dealer in the world and had multi million dollar contracts with big companies or some shit like that and went on to bash ALL the members of this board? if so, no thanks,  plus COLT is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over rated, if i got a COLT SP1 for a realistic price that would be fine other wise, ill stick with Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Because there are other more affordable, in spec lowers available, I can't justify the Colt price.  I won't deny their quality, they are just pricey as stated hundreds of times before.

I too am a Bushmaster man and have had very few problems with my lowers, so few that NONE come to mind.  Every once in awhile I run across an upper that is super tight on my lowers, but it is tight on both of them, so the upper receiver comes into question then.

I had a DPMS that I was happy with and a Stinger that acted just like my two Bushmasters with any tight/slightly out of spec uppers.

In my somewhat limited budget, the fit/finish/operablility of Bushmaster fits my needs very nicely.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
isnt that SAW company the same jackass that came on here and said he didnt need OUR business because he was under the impression that he was the only COLT parts dealer in the world and had multi million dollar contracts with big companies or some shit like that and went on to bash ALL the members of this board?

Was that him, really?  I'm glad his wife takes care of phones instead.  She sounds like a nice lady!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
isnt that SAW company the same jackass that came on here and said he didnt need OUR business because he was under the impression that he was the only COLT parts dealer in the world and had multi million dollar contracts with big companies or some shit like that and went on to bash ALL the members of this board? if so, no thanks,  plus COLT is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over rated, if i got a COLT SP1 for a realistic price that would be fine other wise, ill stick with Bushmaster.

I think it's great how you guys who got your little feelings hurt try to buld some sort of dysfunctional, fucked up united front by saying that Ken was bashing everyone here. Ken made it very clear that it was his critics who could kiss off, not his customers.

Is this distinction too complicated for you to grasp?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

It's all good!

~ s0ulzer0

Why ya always gotta start shit and why ya always gotta dis' my Colts?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think it's adorable how you revert to rationalizing and making excuses. There's no need to do it for my sake, you're the one who has to live with your choices.

Wow, you really are an assclown.

I wasn't making excuses at all, just stating my opinion.
I guess only you are allowed to do that.

If you could pull your head from your ass long enough, to see that.
I guess not.
It amazes me what kind of shits this website has started to attract.
Then again, arrogant windbags have always been here.
Glad to see you fit right in!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

It's all good!

~ s0ulzer0

LOL! Not me Bradd, I'm a Colt owner too, as you now.
I just don't have my head so far up that pony's ass that
I can't have a sense of humor about things, but some folks have to feel special
and be the internet superdooood.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

It's all good!

~ s0ulzer0

LOL! Not me Bradd, I'm a Colt owner too, as you now.
I just don't have my head so far up that pony's ass that
I can't have a sense of humor about things, but some folks have to feel special
and be the internet superdooood.

~ s0ulzer0

I hear ya!  Would you like me to bring some calipers to the next shoot?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I hear ya!  Would you like me to bring some calipers to the next shoot?  

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not finding lower receivers of any kind on the website, where is it exactly?

Brian
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm not finding lower receivers of any kind on the website, where is it exactly?

Brian

You have to call or email...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, this thread turned to shit in a hurry!  

Keep up the good work boys
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Does Colt plan on offering a milspec lower available to non-LE?  If so, sign me up for a pony.  If not, then they're no better than the other "out of spec" types (well..yes I know, in a different way of course).
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I own Bushmaster's & Colt's. Personally to me Bushmaster = more bang for the buck & just as good a quality as Colt. Now if you care about the Snake vs. Horsey then by all means pay more. :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does Colt plan on offering a milspec lower available to non-LE?  If so, sign me up for a pony.  If not, then they're no better than the other "out of spec" types (well..yes I know, in a different way of course).

No, they don't.  They don't offer a milspec FGC lower to Law Enforcement so don't expect them to offer it to us civilians.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The new lowers (i.e. the one used for the MT6400C) have mil-spec pushpins as well as small fire control pins.  The issue is not large or small pins, though.  It's the consistency of the tolerances used to manufacture the parts.  Colt has a better reputation for being consistent with the tolerances and also being much closer to original mil-specs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I own Bushmaster's & Colt's. Personally to me Bushmaster = more bang for the buck & just as good a quality as Colt. Now if you care about the Snake vs. Horsey then by all means pay more. :)

Perhaps you need to take a gander at this thread...

Tweak speaks

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they don't.  They don't offer a milspec FGC lower to Law Enforcement so don't expect them to offer it to us civilians.

Just a nit, but Law-Enforcement ARE civilians

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#32]
$399.99!!!!!!!!  Jesus Christ.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The new lowers (i.e. the one used for the MT6400C) have mil-spec pushpins as well as small fire control pins.  The issue is not large or small pins, though.  It's the consistency of the tolerances used to manufacture the parts.  Colt has a better reputation for being consistent with the tolerances and also being much closer to original mil-specs.

I guess your 6400c must have mil-spec, .155", FCG pins but my 6400c does not.  Mine has the larger .170" FCG.  I have only seen two Colts with small, mil-spec, .246", take down pins AND mil-spec FCG pins and both were on remanufactured lowers...not on new production models.  Can you take a look and verify that yours has the .155" FCG?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My apologies, I was being sarcastic but I forgot the emoticon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess your 6400c must have mil-spec, .155", FCG pins but my 6400c does not.  Mine has the larger .170" FCG.  I have only seen two Colts with small, mil-spec, .246", take down pins AND mil-spec FCG pins and both were on remanufactured lowers...not on new production models.  Can you take a look and verify that yours has the .155" FCG?

Actually, I don't own one as I build all my Colt's.  I thought I had read that they were using the smaller pins now...my mistake.  It doesn't matter much to me, though, as I think the whole large/small pin argument is a petty one.  As long as my upper/lower has mil-spec pushpins, I couldn't care less about the hammer/trigger pins.  If I'm thinking about scavaging parts off of some fallen soldier's M16 instead of picking up the whole rifle, then I've got some serious sense issues.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Actually, I don't own one as I build all my Colt's.  I thought I had read that they were using the smaller pins now...my mistake.  It doesn't matter much to me, though, as I think the whole large/small pin argument is a petty one.  As long as my upper/lower has mil-spec pushpins, I couldn't care less about the hammer/trigger pins.  If I'm thinking about scavaging parts off of some fallen soldier's M16 instead of picking up the whole rifle, then I've got some serious sense issues.  

No worries, I was wondering if Colt pulled a Colt and started adding mil-spec FCG back into the mix.  Yeah, the large FCG doesn't bother me that much either...it would be nice if they played with everyone else but it's not a big deal.  I did brake a J-spring on one of my pre-bans but Bushmaster had the replacement parts so I was up and running in no time!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I think its hilarious how one little four letter word can get so many ppl. all worked up lol. If you don't like Colt don't buy them...its as simple as that. Some of us like the Pony...who cares??

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess not.

~ s0ulzer0

Better an "arrogant windbag" than an blissfully ignorant child who does the backstroke every time he is called on his verbal diarrhea. You are so bitter against Colt it would be sad if it wasn't so damned hysterical. Is it your dead end, entry level job, daddy issues, or somethign else that makes you so reactionary? You are like one of Pavlov's dogs-if I ring the bell you'll start to drool on cue. You are more easily played than any other forum warrior I have ever seen.

It sounds like I'm getting under your skin and you're getting angry-thanks for putting a smile on my face. Perhaps if you scrape your pennies together you could pay to get that chip surgically removed from your shoulder. Do you have a giant wing, 18" wheels, and a type "R" sticker on your car too? You strike me as the type-someone who's own sense of profound wisdom is second in size only to their inferiority complex.

Ding, the fries are done Ace...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dam thats pricey!

$150 RRA (New)

home.comcast.net/~s0ulzer0/pixx/RRA_02.jpg

...lol..... Here take a look at this thread. Take a good look at the pics!
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=188462
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps you need to take a gander at this thread...

Tweak speaks

And when you're done, read this one too LINK

That one is my favorite It soundly dissects the cloners-and there isn't a fanboy on the planet who can do anything about it.

On the other hand, what do Pat Rogers, Hilton Yam, Tim Lau, and Ned Christiansen know about ARs anyway? When young s0ulzer0 isn't too busy making sure the fries don't overcook he might actually learn something about the concept of build quality.

Nah... His mind is already made up-there's no need to confuse him with the facts.

Quoted:
CJan,

You are letting facts cloud the issue here!

I know, I know-but the kid is so damn easy to wind up. Besides, watching him do the humina humina dance when cornered is truly a sight to behold-it's better than Comedy Central (Note to S0ulzer0: Comedy Central is a cable television channel). Cable television is a way of getting TV signals into your home without having a giant antenna messing up your metal roof.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Those M4 Carbine lowers are slick, here is mine:

BTW, I am looking for an older one marked "COLTS MFG CO INC", rather then the current COLT DEFENSE.  If you got one you want to sell, let me know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Daaaaaaaaamn!!  And I thought the "Your mamma's so....." banter was funny!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]
You can get just the lower receiver for 275, and it's complete for 399.99. SAW has some awesome service, when I called them Tina was extremely nice on the phone and very helpful.

Jerad
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#44]

According to Websters, and most others:
ci·vil·ian    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (s-vlyn)
n.
A person following the pursuits of civil life, especially one who is not an active member of the military or police. A specialist in Roman or civil law.

adj.
Of or relating to civilians or civil life; nonmilitary: civilian clothes; a civilian career.

Just a nit back to you....
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess not.

~ s0ulzer0

Better an "arrogant windbag" than an blissfully ignorant child who does the backstroke every time he is called on his verbal diarrhea. You are so bitter against Colt it would be sad if it wasn't so damned hysterical. Is it your dead end, entry level job, daddy issues, or somethign else that makes you so reactionary? You are like one of Pavlov's dogs-if I ring the bell you'll start to drool on cue. You are more easily played than any other forum warrior I have ever seen.

It sounds like I'm getting under your skin and you're getting angry-thanks for putting a smile on my face. Perhaps if you scrape your pennies together you could pay to get that chip surgically removed from your shoulder. Do you have a giant wing, 18" wheels, and a type "R" sticker on your car too? You strike me as the type-someone who's own sense of profound wisdom is second in size only to their inferiority complex.

LOL! I'm not even going to bother with your stupid nonsense.
I'm probably older than you, but if you like to call me a child so you can feel superior, then so be it.
I'm not "angry" at all, so if you're smiling because of me, I'll remember not to drop the soap around you.
This is the internet "old man", why would a person get "angry" over a post on a message board?
Though YOU seem to have gotten "angry" by the way you from the get go started with the
"personal attacks". You must also post on DU a a lot, that's their posting style too. LOL!
I'm glad you have proved twhat a true ass you are.

~ s0ulzer0

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I refuse to take a side in this as CJ already knows what I think about all this brand-loyalty stuff.  

But I will say this, a few of the people in here are about one step closer to turning into the 3rdtks of their favorite brand of ARs .....  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

img4.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/MT6400C_lower.jpg

BTW, I am looking for an older one marked "COLTS MFG CO INC", rather then the current COLT DEFENSE.  If you got one you want to sell, let me know.

Ekie,

What's up with the colt m-4 lower not having the normal raised stoppers between safe/fire and the other side.

no flame here just wondering........

halik
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ekie,

What's up with the colt m-4 lower not having the normal raised stoppers between safe/fire and the other side.

halik

Maybe they use the same forgings for enhanced M4 with the 4-pos FCG. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#49]
ibtl
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ekie,

halik

Maybe they use the same forgings for enhanced M4 with the 4-pos FCG. Just a guess.

Woah, I didn't know there is such a thing as 4 position FCG. Always thought there is 3 positions max : SAFE-SEMI-AUTO/BURST one which there walys are the little stoppers.....

Live and learn....

halik
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top