Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 8:00:21 PM EDT
They are currently voting on wether the assult weapon ban should be lifted or extended. Go to www.cnn.com. When I voted the lifted vote was behind the extended vote by a large margin.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
try here  http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/09/gun.control.rally.ap/index.html   Just going to their site makes finding it a chore.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
CNN Poll Link
It will take one hell of a rally to turn that poll around.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are currently voting on wether the assult weapon ban should be lifted or extended. Go to www.cnn.com. When I voted the lifted vote was behind the extended vote by a large margin.

I'm sure this will have to be moved to GD, but not before I add a comment:
CNN? Of course you can expect that kinda poll results from a buncha damn biased liberal nuts like those queers at CNN! That's the only people that watch CNN too. Better stick with Fox News.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Its ok most of the people who are voting dont understand what the AWB is they just feel like saying guns are bad lets ban them all who cares about the bill of rights
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
There are probably a couple of reasons for the large margin.  First, you have to look at who traffics their site most, the pro-gun or anti-gun type.  Last, (but probably not least) when I tried to vote for lifting the ban I got a "page cannot be displayed" message and my vote wasn't tallied.  Did anyone else have this problem?  I tried more than once to get it to go through, while checking to see if the number of votes changed, but they never did.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTL anyone???

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Voted...we're doing doing well in this poll
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't be too impressed with the CNN poll results.  A poll on CNN the other day on whether Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld should resign was running about 69% in favor of his resignation, but a Washington (Com)Post/ABC(?) poll showed that 70% think he should remain as Secretary of Defense.

BTW, IBTL.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you really believe that CNN will post the truth, no matter what the real poll results are?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I voted and it went through after 2 tries... I got the page cant be displayed notices as well.

And... uhh... IBTL

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
CNN Poll Link
It will take one hell of a rally to turn that poll around.

I'll join that rally if I can get my votes to go through.

By the way, what does "IBTL" mean?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Off-Topic.  GD or Politics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top