Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 12:36:16 PM EDT
Just finished my third AR and already looking at how the set-up my fourth!!!  Alternately called black rifle fever, I have it BAD!!  Now my first 1K of Fed XM was just delivered and I'm looking at more.

-Colt Blue Label with A3 flat-top, EoTech, ARMS #50, ARMS #40, Vltor club-foot, Hogue grip, SureFire home-made set-up with GG&G vert grip, KNS front duplex sight, etc, etc..

-DPMS .308 18" bbl with Harris BiPod, inexpensive, but functional Tasco scope (soon to be replaced!), NM trigger.

-RRA 16" A4 with mid-length fore arm, all furniture in green (my current favorite 'cause it's so simple and effective!)

(Inset evil laugh)  I can't stop!!!  I just continue to be impressed with what an AR can do.

ps.  I know compared to some of you I am an amateur collector, but I'm tryin!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures?!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Grrrrr.  Curse that lousy digital camera!!!  I can't figure this thing out...pics will be forth coming....
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am but a fledgling AR enthusiast (nut, addict, psycho, crackpot or whatever words you can think of) as well.  I have been building all kinds of uppers trying to see what suits me best.  My 3 present rifles (not included in the picture) look nowhere near what they looked like when they started life.  This is an older picture, but is pretty representative of what is in my gun safe at any given time.  I've had as many as five complete rifles at one time, now I am down to ONLY three.  But plans in the works require two more complete lowers, so I will soon be back up to five.

I also am looking for any help with this wretched disease.  

I have already melted one credit card from use and started on another.  

Every time a box shows up at the front door my wife gives me that sidelong, "WTF did you buy now!!" look!  Does anybody else get this look or am I alone on this one

They will cure cancer before they cure black rifle disease.  The only thing I fear is that they come out with a better platform than the AR-15/M16.  If they do, I am SOL.  I'd have to start all over again.  

But wait...................just think of all the cool stuff that you could buy for this new platform...............hope it is a black rifle, I just love black rifles.................
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No, no, no. You gotta ship all your new stuff to your work and avoid that look!

I just show up with new "stuff" and say, "What?!  You've seen this rifle many times.  Remember last year when you shot it?  Come on, can't you remember anything?"  The ole Jedi-Mind-Trick seems to have worked thus far....but you guys gotta keep it quieT!  Don't tell her!  Shhhhhhhh!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I would love to have lots of $$$. The only thing that's holding me back from buying more blackies is an empty pocket book. Hopefully one day I will have enough dinero to truly become an AR nut.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Man I would love to have lots of $$$. The only thing that's holding me back from buying more blackies is an empty pocket book. Hopefully one day I will have enough dinero to truly become an AR nut.

I'm with you bro, some day I keep dreaming some day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, ship it to work and avoid "the look".  When ammo and parts would come I would get "the look". And I would get, why do you spend so much money on guns.....blah blah blah.  My wife is not anti-gun.  We took our carry class together.  but avoid the look at all costs.  I have to buy my parts and ammo at gunshows or have em shipped to work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I would, but I work at a nuclear power plant -> guns aren't allowed.  Parts technically are, it is not worth risking my job over.  Imagine the look I'd get if I lost my job!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got off of a website and was reading about B.R.D. (Black Rifle Disease)

Basically you're screwed.

There's no cure at the moment and really, I'm amazed at how little funding there is to fight this.
The article was saying that all too often moneys donated to the cause were being diverted to buy yet more "Black Rifles" for the very people who were supposed to be "cured" of the disease.

Hang in there though, you are not alone and together we can find a cure... be tough...

Hey, you don't have any spare parts you want to sell cheap do you?

... just trying to help...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
At least BRD is cooler and a lot more fun that 1911itis....IMHO.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
What?  You say you have AR titties?

Pictures plz?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would, but I work at a nuclear power plant -> guns aren't allowed.  Parts technically are, it is not worth risking my job over.  Imagine the look I'd get if I lost my job!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#15]
it is a fever.....I have all the parts in the safe and walk in there each day, open the safe, drewl, close safe and say, wait till Sept. Wife thinks I'm nuts.....
Bumper sticker of the year:
"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in
English,.... thank a soldier.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Mongo and Easy,
There's only one cure - you must sell all your AR-15 stuff to me - quickly and cheaply. he
Seriously, you've got a nice collection Mongo.  I'm just a newbie to AR15s - I've got one m4gery and am acquiring another lower this week that I plan on using with a 6.8 Remington SPC upper.  I plan on using the 6.8mm upper during deer season next year.  Using an AR for deer hunting will not only be fun, it will also have the extra benefit of annoying all the right people.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#19]
danno,

Don't get me started on the 6.8 stuff.  I thought I was doing pretty good, but now alot of my stuff has to go to free up money for a 6.8 upper.  Gotta have one of those!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it is a fever.....I have all the parts in the safe and walk in there each day, open the safe, drewl, close safe and say, wait till Sept. Wife thinks I'm nuts.....

Yep, except all my "September" parts are at a relative's house.  Out of sight out of mind.  I still open the safe every night and take out a rifle just to finger-bang it.

You know you've got it bad when you have a TV-gun.  I have an AR that I rarely take to the range.  However, it has become my "TV rifle."  The wife sometimes gets tired of all the dry firing during her favorite shows.  

You too?  I wonder how many "kills" I have on various TV celebs....ahh...I mean....ahhh...OK, that doesn't sound so good!

danno-in-michigan.  Thanks for the offer.  What a guy!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top