Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 8:46:34 AM EDT
What is the best trigger for a tactical CQB type AR? Is a single or two stage better and why? Which brand is best?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you are shooting an scoped AR with a free floated barrel and match grade ammo, you don't need a 2-stage, or any of the "match" triggers.  A CQB/open combat/HD/SHTF AR should have the mil-spec trigger/FCG in it.  The standard mil-spec fire-control group is the most reliable and the most rugged, not to mention least expensive and easiest to repair/replace.  So, basically, what ever came with your AR (if its a factory gun, but if not, a mil-spec FCG from a reputable manufacturer/dealer) would serve you best.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Mil Spec semi auto fire control groups Hmmm, me thought Mil Spec is Full auto, or 3 round burst.

I prefer a single stage trigger for a duty/field gun. I use an JP Enterprises trigger with the 4LB spring (3LB seems a bit light for a duty/field gun). Many people swear by the Accuracy Speaks trigger also.

If you must go 2 stage, then I understand that the KAC 2 stage is one of the finest available.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the JP drop in or is there a little fitting required?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
JP did require fitting. And being somewhat of a perfectionist, it took me about 4 hours. It probably could be done in less than an hour. They provide great instructions, and a video (They are available for help on the phone too), so it is not too complicated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Accuracy Speaks is the basic same design as a milspec except with tighter tolerances, smother surfaces and no creep.  Single stage.

It's good for CQB and precision shooting.  Best of both worlds.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top