Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 3:22:20 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

If you were going to buy a 6.8mm AR, would you buy a 16" CAR with collapsible stock configuration or a 20" with standard A2 stock?

I would like to see where the market goes with this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Always your choice of course.

Longer barrels give better velocity and short barrelled weapons retain their value better.  Me, I'd probably set-up with a fixed stock and an 18" barrel.

5sub
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I would build a 16" mid length with A3 upper and A1 stock. Nothing wrong with the 18" or 20" idea, but this cartridge was designed to increase performance from the shorter barrels. So this would be a good place to start, and if you feel the need go to a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Neither - Too me, this is the perfect round for an SPR which generally have 18" barrels. If you are not interested in an SPR and it has to be either a 16" Carbine or 20" rifle then it comes down to your intended purpose of the gun and personal preference. If this is some kind of homeland defense, SHTF or zombie gun go carbine. If you go carbine, I would suggest one with a mid-length gas system. If this will be a range only gun and you are more worried about long range shots or tight groups, get the rifle.

I myself will not mess with this round until there are cheap and reliable 20-30 round magazines that are designed for this round and commonly available. The ammo itself will need to be cheaper and easier to find than it is now as well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Mine's the ones on the upper right.  16", and the lower has a M93A stock.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top