Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2004 6:36:59 PM EDT
I about puked when I read this in my local newspaper, The Cincinatti Post (Friday, May 7th, 2004 Vol. 123 No. 110).  The heading was "Dems push for assualt rifle ban".  According to this columnist "The semiautomatic weapons continue firing automatically once the user squeezes the trigger once and keeps it pressed down".  Then the writer went on to quote a Crowley aide, Rocky Merz saying "These weapons can't be used for hunting or any purpose like that.  They're made for one reason, and one reason only... and that's to use against people."

I don't know about you but that made me realize how seriously screwed up these people are and I've kicked into gear on sending my letters and emails.  I love when the media can't properly present an issue.  Especially when the error was probably intended.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
youngone,

welcome to the club. I have just send 500 word article to the publisher after reading the million mom march propagandfa in Detroit Free Press.

halik
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I about puked when I read this in my local newspaper, The Cincinatti Post (Friday, May 7th, 2004 Vol. 123 No. 110).  The heading was "Dems push for assualt rifle ban".  According to this columnist "The semiautomatic weapons continue firing automatically once the user squeezes the trigger once and keeps it pressed down".  Then the writer went on to quote a Crowley aide, Rocky Merz saying "These weapons can't be used for hunting or any purpose like that.  They're made for one reason, and one reason only... and that's to use against people."

I don't know about you but that made me realize how seriously screwed up these people are and I've kicked into gear on sending my letters and emails.  I love when the media can't properly present an issue.  Especially when the error was probably intended.

Does the columnist have an e-mail address? Is there an online version of the story?

Whenever I see something like this I try my best to bury them with logical rebuttals to their mindless tripe. I'm sure I'm just pissing into the wind-but they can't be allowed to go unchallenged on these things.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Off-Topic.  Take it to General Discussion or Politics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top