Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2004 3:32:51 PM EDT
My newest one to roll out,  aint she cute.  

The RRA is the new style reciever and it either sucks, or rocks!  There is NO play between the upper/lower. In fact it took a no mar hammer to get the back pin in and has had a few rounds through it with now signs of loosening up. but thats only like 20 rounds to check function.  and to see just how bad that lil dude is.  Assembly was not only difficult on the upper/lower end,  it was also dificult on the detent that holds the safety in,  I had to use a DPMS plunger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Where'd you get the moving target that is above the RRA? I need a few of those.

What kind of Red Dot is that one top. Tasco?

Love those Ace Ltd ARCFX shorties...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a cheapo BSA,  the cat doesnt move that much, the barrel is .750/.9 something,  the FFT is a model 1 special,  never had one was worth trying one.    I got plans for an EOtech next month but the lil dinky one will have to do.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its a cheapo BSA,  the cat doesnt move that much, the barrel is .750/.9 something,  the FFT is a model 1 special,  never had one was worth trying one.    I got plans for an EOtech next month but the lil dinky one will have to do.

Cool I call dibs on your BSA if you sell it when you get the EOtech.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If he continues to hang out around here, it'll end up on his next one until that one gets and ACOG, and then it'll go on the one that follows until it gets an Aimpoint, ad nauseum...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If he continues to hang out around here, it'll end up on his next one until that one gets and ACOG, and then it'll go on the one that follows until it gets an Aimpoint, ad nauseum...

Hush you . Why do you think I want it .
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
it was also dificult on the detent that holds the safety in,  I had to use a DPMS plunger.

I'll have to keep that in mind. I had trouble with an older RRA in the same area. I ended up swapping the one that came with the parts kit, for the one in my Colt. I don't have a mic, so I couldn't check the detents dia.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
How did my cat get to Texas?

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#9]
That is one evil looking cat, trying to look innocent.  It's creeping me out.

How is the "new style" receiver any different?  For some years now RRA has been selling Match receiver sets.  I bought just the upper Match receiver, and mated it to a standard RRA lower.  It was so tight fitting that I too had to use a soft mallet to break the sucker open (and close) the first dozen times.  After that I had no problems doing by hand, opens/closes easily and never had a problem with the receiver pin as I made sure it was completely closed when I pushed it in.  The mating resulted in a teeny-weeny bit of receiver metal to get scraped but as a result they fit each other like a glove with ABSOLUTELY no play whatsoever.  I am very pleased with it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top