AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2004 12:37:41 PM EDT
how do i get an M4 stock off of my M4?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How do i take off butt  

Try some bike riding and some jogging.  That should help;

Seriously, you need a telestock wrench.  Use it to unscrew the castle nut and you're in business.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
man someone always beats me to those loaded questions.

and what type of butt helps to some just need a wench i mean wrench
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
i had that butt thing coming to me.
do i have to dissassemble to take it off, or can i leave upper and lower together?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do i have to dissassemble to take it off, or can i leave upper and lower together?

are you talking aout the stock or the receiver extension tube?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I HIGHLY recommend removing the upper.  Because when you remove the receiver extension the buffer retaining pin will want to launch.  If you leave the upper in place you're likely to have the bolt carrier locked up/jammed.  That is no fun.

Remember to :
1) Remove the buffer and spring first.

2) cover the lower with a cloth (to catch the buffer retaining pin)

3) watch out for the detent & detent spring just below and to the right of the receiver extension (they will want to come out when you remove the backplate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top