Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 11:31:43 PM EDT
The handguards on my new ArmaLite M-15 NM do not snap together, they flex inward and feel flimsy when you grip them. The tounge and grooves do not lock together. Are all ArmaLites like this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I too have an Armalite M15A2 NM and yours sound alot like mine. I just wrote it off as all ARs doing this. Other than this, I've been pretty happy with my new Armalite. Break-in process was hell though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The handguards on my new ArmaLite M-15 NM do not snap together, they flex inward and feel flimsy when you grip them. The tounge and grooves do not lock together. Are all ArmaLites like this?

Thanks

No .... mine is fine , handguards are tight !!!
Call there ass up and tell them .
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an Armalite myself, and my handguards are tight. Snap in just like they should.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You  might want to take the handguards off and make sure the heat sheilds are in the slots properly then try reversing the handguards (upper/lower).   Worked on mine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey!

I have a M15A4 that used to give me problems when trying to align the holes and pins when replacing the handguards. This is prior to getting the tool that depresses the ring to remove/install the handguards. If you don't have one already pick one up! What took me twenty minutes before with a lot of swearing is down to a couple of minutes when using the tool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replys, ArmaLite M-15 NM's do not have heat shields, probably not needed due to the float tube. The pins and holes line up fine its just that there too loose and will not stay together. Its like this on or off of the rifle. I would hate to have to glue them, which would make future removal impossible. Seems like ArmaLite should replace them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Think ArmaLite should have gotten it right the first time. Still have not heard from them on this. Seems like most ArmaLites do snap together properly, I seen a guy with another ArmaLite NM today at the range his handguards were solid. Its the nature of moulded products to sometimes turn out warped or out of spec. I guess I got a bad set. Question is, will ArmaLite replace these? What about it ArmaLite?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, no handguards on my M15A2 NM which as stated earlier is prob. b/c the float tube. Just out of curiosity, what did you give for your new Armalite NM? I gave $1250 new. I guess it was an OK deal but not great. I'm gonna finish breaking it in this weekend. Only have 50 rnds through it so far.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Troy,
Yes I will call them, I Instant messaged them on this forum yesterday. Im sure theyt will make good on it, thats one of the reasons I chose ArmaLite there warranty. I like the rifle, its just the loose handguards give a flimsy feeling to the rifle especialy in the prone position with the sling.

F.A.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks Troy,
Yes I will call them, I Instant messaged them on this forum yesterday. Im sure theyt will make good on it, thats one of the reasons I chose ArmaLite there warranty. I like the rifle, its just the loose handguards give a flimsy feeling to the rifle especialy in the prone position with the sling.

F.A.

"THANKS TROY" told you to give them a call on the 2nd post GET OFF HIS DIC#!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Kiss my ass tooly
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kiss my ass tooly

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top