Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:16:55 PM EDT
Now that Uncle Sam gave me back my money, I can now consider buying my own AR.  I decided to go the "some assembly required" route for educational and budgetary reasons.  I've looked at the following manufacturers for complete parts kits:

J&T Distributing
Model 1 Sales
M&A Parts
Rocker River Arms (through ADCO)

Right now, I'm leaning towards Model 1, as they have more configurations available with chrome-lined barrels.  Being not being too familiar with any of the companies, is there anything I should know about these choices?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think any one of those will be just fine.  Personally, I'd go with ADCO.  Steve is a great guy and can work with you on just about any configuration so that you get exactly what you want the first time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The jury may still be out on Model1's chrome lined barrels.  They're still kinda new.  Anybody got any experiencial data on this?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a J&T upper witha 20" full heavy chromelined barrel. J&T told me it was a Wilson chrome lined barrel not a Shaw chrome lined barrel. I believe M1 uses Wilson chrome lined too. That said i have fired 60 rounds(20 break in) thru this upper and it was flawless and was really accurate(as accuarte as i could be considering it was raining). I was very very pleased with my J&T kit and would buy anouther.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Right now, I'm leaning towards Model 1, as they have more configurations available with chrome-lined barrels

Same here, buddy. Buy the chrome-lined kit, buy a good lower (MEGA lower for me) and follow instructions. Voila, AR in no time. I plan to build my first AR this summer. Tell us how your build goes, and post pics!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I just built a CAR with a Model1 kit and like the parts. Unfortunately for me, I bought my kit a week before they started offering chrome lined barrels  Oh, if you go the CAR route, budget for another stock, the one they send is not the greatest.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top