Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 3:52:28 PM EDT
Has anyone ever seen on an AR where the barrel nut seems to push the gas tube sleightly to one side?

Will it impair function?    Fix?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No but it sounds like someone didn't adjust your barrel nut properly.  Is is minor or major misallingment?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I thimk its minor but I have no refernce.  

I know the gun has been shot because I spent an hour scraping carbon of the bolt.  
 Its a used Armalite I got in trade for my brand new Colt.   Needed funds but Im also happy with the Armalite.

I guess I could shoot it and whats the worst that can happen?  It will short stroke?

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Pic:  I dont think is much?

www.geocities.com/helwanshooter/index.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pic:  I dont think is much?

www.geocities.com/helwanshooter/index.html

Nope, that's not much focus
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It will prob. last longer than you
Jack
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
SNorman,

It is not nice to poke fun at a person's photos.  The man did fine.  He meant to convey an image to aid us in understanding.  The photo served the purpose.  

Now, if you really meant to be helpful, you could had offer to send him your $1500 camera.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The real place to look is on the inside of the receiver.  Break it open like a shotgun and look at it when you pull the bolt to the rear.  Do you feel any binding?  Does the tube look to be bent to allow for easy travel of the bolt?  Wear on one side or the other of the tube?  Stuff like that.  How hard is it to slide the carrier back in, do you feel it hitting?  If it feels like free movement you are ok.  The only time you would really worry about the timing of the bbl nut is if you are mounting something that uses it to index it in the proper alignment with the receiver.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top