Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 11:50:28 AM EDT
Has anyone used this sight for their AR's and can it handle the recoil of the ARs ?
Since they are much cheaper ($50-60 range) than EOtech and Aimpoint, I am leary about their quality.

Does anyone have a picture of this red dot on their AR ?

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/5906TswBaby/TascoRedDot42.jpg

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't compare to the Aimpoint or EOTech.  That's like comparing a Yugo to a Bentley...

Its a cheap POS, fine for blasting at the range - but that's about it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you want to put a POS on your fine AR.  Your AR deserves better.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one on a FAL. The one I had was too dim when using it during the daytime even when set on the highest setting "11".  That made the dot almost impossibe to pick up on anthing other than something black or dark in color. Also the built in mount is weak compared to anything other than a set of leapers rings. Not even comparable to a Aimpoint or Eotech. I'll probably put mine on a 10/22 and use it to hunt coons at night.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I guess my AR does deserve an Aimpoint or Eotech...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
you pay for what you get in this world... theres no free lunch!@  :-D

can't go wrong with an eotech or aimpoint... i perfer aimpoint for the type of shooting i do... but others find the eotech great... both are great!

...Jared
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
How come I have no problem coughing up $500 for a Zeiss or Leupold for a hunting rifle----and just can't bring myself to shell out for an Aimpoint?????  

Sorry Eotech---just too big and--well-- stupid looking for me to ever consider buying.

So far satisfied with my cheapie Trashco red-dot. Spent a whole $35 on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I am NOT satisfied with mine.
I get a dot and then a slice of pie reflection/refraction going from 9 o clock to 12 oclock.  
In fact that pie would make a great aiming point were it not for a little thing called paralax .
JJJJJJJJJESUS! If you move your head a nanometer, there goes zero.

BUT for any rifle with a good cheekrest for repeatable position, can't beat 30 bucks.

the only real plus is that they are made fairly tough.  mines taken a few bumps and still performs as crappy as the day i got it!

now.... on to my comp m.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted: "How come I have no problem coughing up $500 for a Zeiss or Leupold for a hunting rifle----and just can't bring myself to shell out for an Aimpoint?????

Sorry Eotech---just too big and--well-- stupid looking for me to ever consider buying.

So far satisfied with my cheapie Trashco red-dot. Spent a whole $35 on it."

I have a Leupy scope on my AICS.  It's bigger than my EOTech.  I gauge the value of a scope by its performance not looks.

I'm glad you are satisfied with your ?? what, "Trashco" red dot.  I bet you've scared a lot of critters shooting out in the back woods.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top