Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2004 2:47:52 AM EDT
I have posted a similar request on "equipment exchange"...
I am trying to find a company / exporter who is willing to ship a RRA stripped lower receiver to New Zealand. I have a NZ police issued "Permit to Import", I now just need to find a export.

Can anyone assit, or recommend a company that can

Cheers

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Harry, the export process from US absolutely sucks and is consequently hugely expensive.  An export dealer will ask $200 just to consider the grief he will go through with the state department and you will wait 6 months.  US SD refuses most export permits for centre-fire semi-autos anyway.

As a commonwealth citizen I would strongly urge you to consider buying from a UK dealer.  Their permits are issued like yours, from the local constabulary.  I can put you in touch with a Section 5 friend of mine in N London who charges 50 quid and usually gets it done in about 6 weeks.  If you want UK source assistance drop me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You might also consider a lower from Dlask Custom in Canada.  www.dlask.com

The receivers have a decent reputation, with the only common problem being that the anodizing is so thick, some pin holes and threads are very tight.  Not as cheap as buying an American lower, but, as monkey-man said, by the time you find someone to export it from the US, you won't be any further ahead.  We are right next door to the US, and have a free trade deal with them, and any major gun parts we get are STILL 100% more expensive than they should be, due to export headaches.  You spend 8 months in paper work and fees to get the stuff out of the US, then Canada Customs just waves it right through.  Weird.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
blame the UN.

never new that about Canada. neat site though!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Harry,

i donno what the laws are like in NZ in regards to 80% receivers. But if it is not too much troble why not buy 80% ar-15 receiver from www.kristitool.com/kto/products.php serial number it, register it and then complete it??  KT Ordanace has one of the best AR lowrs, machined from 6061 aluminum billet.

Just an idea.

halik
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Harry.
From a fellow NZ'er. I use Kevin Wynkoop at Simpson Ltd. Yes it did cost $200 us but only took 6 weeks for export permit to be issued. I can't reccomend Kevins services enough and he is located only 40 miles from RRA plant. When I was having hassels he phone them and got things unhasseled. My rifle is currently in the mail hope to have it in a week or two. It's my first AR and I'm sick of waiting.HisMike
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Harry,

i donno what the laws are like in NZ in regards to 80% receivers. But if it is not too much troble why not buy 80% ar-15 receiver from www.kristitool.com/kto/products.php serial number it, register it and then complete it??  KT Ordanace has one of the best AR lowrs, machined from 6061 aluminum billet.

Just an idea.

halik

That's a good idea, if you have access to tools (I think for the KT all you need is a drill press and a tool to ream / thread the buffer tube hole.)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top