Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 4:44:38 PM EDT
I'm sure this is already covered, but the search function is down.

When the AWB sunsets, one of the first things I'll do (besides buying lots of new mags) is to put a telescoping stock on one of my Bushy's.

Bushmaster has a "Fiberite Six Position Telescoping Stock Assembly" that looks well made:

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/1005-087-8988-pk.asp

What are recommendations for the better makes/styles of tele stocks?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That one is too expensive.
Check out the CAVArms kits, or the RRA kits
Or you could also Check out the VLTOR which is more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The MagPul M-93A is considered to be the best collapsible stock currently available with the LMT Crane stock and Vltors running a close second. Or at least that's the way I look at it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan on getting an ACE Ltd. M4 SOCOM for my next AR...

It'll go something like this...

IMHO

I hate the look of the VLTOR

Magpul is a little to Lego looking but I would consider it,

LMT SOPMOD looks like a cross between the first two and a standard CAR telestock

Unfortunately I have yet to see any shops in my area that carry these types of stocks so it's a gamble based on appearance and feedback from other people on which one to get. If you get one and don't like it, throw it up on the EE. Odds are someone will buy it off you and you can start over.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul M93A. Anything else is just a stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Magpul and Vltor are the king of stocks right now and for good reason. Man, I knew LMT was supposed to be putting out those Crane style stocks, but are they available yet? If so I am sure they will be among the top stocks... I really need to pick one up if they are!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, and BTW, I ahve installed a couple of thise ACE M4 stocks and while I havent shot with one, I thought they were pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one of those 7 position stocks from adco.  I love it.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
One for the ACE Socom M4. I love it. It is supposed to be 6 times stronger than the A2s and it doesn't make a sound like some of the collapsibles out there. Oh yeah, and it has a freakin' MEAT HAMMER on it!
Flash
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The LMT Crane style stock is not available yet, so it is hard to say it is one of the best but it looks promising.

The Vltor has the advantage of battery storage, while the Magpul is rock solid like a fixed.  I have both, plus a couple of old style Colt's for nostalgia...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I for one wish the "button" on the magpul was in a different location.  I think it looks pretty silly, but that wouldn't really bother me if the button was moved.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh, and BTW, I ahve installed a couple of thise ACE M4 stocks and while I havent shot with one, I thought they were pretty nice.

I have a fixed Ace stock that I really like as well.

Has anyone out there shot the ACE Ltd. M4 SOCOM tele stock a lot?  If so, please post.

The Magpul looks great, but I can't bring myself to spend $200+ on a stock.  I'd rather buy ammo and shoot!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Whats wrong with the regular M4 stock (apart from lacking battery storage) ???
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I am very happy with my Vltor Carbine Clubfoot Stock
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm working on a comparative analysis of the (4) major stocks - the Magpul M93A, the LMT Crane, the Vltor and the standard M-4. I will post info sometime today.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#17]
You can always get one of GreenO's Crane type stocks. A lot of guys prefer the ones he's selling to the LMT made ones.  I have one and then ordered a couple more.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm working on a comparative analysis of the (4) major stocks - the Magpul M93A, the LMT Crane, the Vltor and the standard M-4. I will post info sometime today.

Sounds great.  Please let us know your results.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds great.  Please let us know your results.

Well, let me state right now that some of the information will come from personal experience and some will be general opinions I gleaned from research I did here. Basically, I'm breaking down the criteria to consider when choosing a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Do the magpul's have any advatage as to storage space for batteries etc?  Is that something the vltor is a lone runner?

THanks!@
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, and it has a freakin' MEAT HAMMER on it!
Flash

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#22]
BTW, I'm about 3/4 done with my report. I should have it posted tonight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Interested in what you have to say. GreenO told me hes not selling the stocks anymore so glad I got mine. Though I have an extra one I might be willing to part with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top