Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 4:29:09 PM EDT
I have a DPMS lower and am going to complete it with an upper, should I get a Bushy or stick with a DPMS upper?

I was thinking Bushy M4 or DPMS M4.

What do you think.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Either upper will fit...Stan
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
So if I get the Bushy I won't have to adjust anything to make it fit, and how do you make a tighter fit on a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Accuwedge (spelling?) will take care of any play between the receivers.  However, I wouldn't be concerned with looseness.  I'm thinking tightness, which isn't really a bad thing, will most likely present itself.

I would go for it.  I'm a Bushy fan :)

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So if I get the Bushy I won't have to adjust anything to make it fit, and how do you make a tighter fit on a rifle.

If you get lucky and have a minor tolerance variation between mfg as to rear take-down pin hole, you can use that to your benefit. I have an Oly lower were the rear pin hole seems to be a few "thou" off to all my other 3 working uppers, so a little downward pressure on the upper will allow the pin to pass, thus no wiggle between upper-lower,nice and solid.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Might as well go bushy for the 16" since I have my 24" DPMS accuracy upper.  Bushmasters are know for their dependability.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Should I get the bolt carrier with the Bushy upper or would a DPMS Chrome Coated carrier work in the Bushy receiver?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Should I get the bolt carrier with the Bushy upper or would a DPMS Chrome Coated carrier work in the Bushy receiver?

The DPMS chromed carrier will work but it's not really necessary.  Go ahead and get a Bushmaster bolt/carrier when you order the upper.  Just order a complete upper from Bushmaster and you'll be ready to roll.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
So any bolt will work in any upper?  I heard something about head-spacing?

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Should I consider getting an accuwedge from Fulton-Armory?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, if the upper is new and the bolt is new you will be okay.  If you order a Bushmaster upper complete with bolt & carrier then it will be headspaced at the factory and you have nothing to worry about.  

Yeah man, you can use an accuwedge, I run them in some of my ARs and they help eliminate the little widge between the upper and the lower.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top