Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2004 2:03:29 PM EDT
does anyone know if they are still in business? i have e-mailed them 3 times and get no response. i have tried calling them and their phone is disconnected or is no longer in service. i called rock river arms and they said they have been trying to get in touch with them too. called their website provider to see if maybe they had another number and they said they didn't but they did say they had changed locations. has anyone else had any contact with them since the 3rd of this month? i have paid for a rifle and now can't get in touch with them. needless to say, i am a little nervous/aggrivated. tyson
Link Posted: 3/15/2004 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
they USED to be a good company, its been a downhill dive now for a couple months. Ill never order from them again
Link Posted: 3/15/2004 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
great... that is just what i wanted to hear. as long as i get my rifle or my money back i will be fine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2004 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
twostepct,

I have had a hell of a time getting in contact with them these past couple weeks... I only got through to them once with a phone call (where the fellow never replied back to me), & I must have sent atleast 5 emails :)

as for other number, dont know if these still work, but they were on their old website:
309-496-3030
309-496-2020 (also listed on the old website)
309-496-3020 (fax)

Good luck, I've had a real pain with them
Santi
Link Posted: 3/15/2004 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
has anyone else had any contact with them since the 3rd of this month? i have paid for a rifle and now can't get in touch with them. needless to say, i am a little nervous/aggrivated. tyson
View Quote

How did you pay for the rifle?  Credit card?  If you are not able to make contact with Sableco soon dispute the charge with your CC company...

USPS money orders also have recourse through the Postal Service.  If you paid with a USPS MO contact your local postal inspector if you're unable to resolve the problem...

Good luck Tyson... I see the Sableco website is still up which is either a good thing or a bad thing... it's too bad to see a company like Sableco fall so far so fast...
Link Posted: 3/15/2004 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I hope I am not jumping the gun, but it just makes me a little nervous. I called information and got a number for the local P.D. to have them go by and see if anyone was there, but I got the same message about being disconnected or no longer in service. So, I am hoping that it is something with the phones up there. I know it is not my phone because I called Rock River Arms from home and it worked fine.

Santi, do you have an order pending as well? If something is amiss, maybe more than one person will pull more weight.

Darkstar, I paid using my check/debit card from my credit union. It is through Visa, but the balance on the card is whatever is in my checking account. I called the Better Business Bureau today to see what my options were and they said due to that fact I would not be able to contest the charge.

I am going to try to get in touch with them again tomorrow and see if maybe it is hopefully just the phone lines. More to come I'm sure.... Tyson
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 2:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I hope I am not jumping the gun, but it just makes me a little nervous. I called information and got a number for the local P.D. to have them go by and see if anyone was there, but I got the same message about being disconnected or no longer in service.

You just called the local PD on the local PD. Donnie is a good guy who had a great business until he trusted it to another. The it was mismanaged & left for dead. I had purchased a lot of stuff from Sable Co. before w/ Donnie & everything was great. I tried ordering once from xxxxxx & am still waiting for parts that were never charged or shipped. -Justin
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Donnie Pridemore, [b]IS A POLICE OFFICER[/b], and while I have not placed an order with him in quite some time all of my red-dot optics, a RRA DCM/CMP 20" upper, and S.I.R. items have been purchased thru him.

I'll IM/e-mail him for ya and send him a link to this thread. He's a good guy and will take care of ya.

Here's the last thread he posted in back in October of last year: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=172861&w=searchPop[/url] and I contacted him and linked him to here.

Whatever the problem is he will straighten it out.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I have received great service form Donnie on two occasions. BOTH were from over a year ago though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Now I'm starting to get scared. I ordered a comp ACOG from them in Nov. and it is backordered from Trijicon. But, I had to give them a down payment before they would order it.
I did talk to D.J. about a week ago and everything seemed fine. At the time Trijicon said backorders were running about 20 weeks. I should be getting any time now, I hope!!

Would Donnie be the same person as D.J.?
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]
twostepct,

I dont have any pending orders, but M4bangr
does... I was attempting to order a few items which I was hoping they would have in stock (they are out of production)...

But it seems there is alot of support in ar15.com for both its users as well as SableCo, so I'm sure eveything will get sorted!

Best of luck to all of you,
Santi
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Well guys, here is the updated scoop. Did some calling around and found out that the business at the address listed on the website is no longer in operation, but they do think he is still taking orders on-line. I did some further searching and found the agency that he works for. Just so happens he is working today. I hated to call him at work, but with my $600 on the line I felt that it was justified. I still have not recieved any e-mails like I had hoped that I would. The only odd thing is that I called back to give them my cell phone number, and the dispatcher told me that the message had been given to his Captain. She then told me that either Donnie or his captain would call me back. I asked if the captain was affiliated with the business and she said no, but he does know about it. I hope Donnie is not trying to dodge my calls. More to come I'm sure, Tyson.
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#12]
PLEASE keep me/us updated. I haven't been able to get ahold of them yet. I sent an email, but who knows if they are even going to be answering them. Hopefully they will fill any orders that they've taken and not screw us. I guess there's the possibility that they are going to an on-line operation only and have just closed their store-front. Even so, I would think they would still need a phone, Strange. I'm trying not to panic yet.   [>Q]
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
M4, I have been trying to call them all day. I have had 3 messages put in for him or his captain and have not been called back. I have left on last one and am waiting on one of them to give me a call back. I am staying positive as well, but at this point I think I just want my money back. We will see how it goes and if he calls today, I will surely post. Tyson
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I called information and got a number for the local P.D. to have them go by and see if anyone was there...
View Quote

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Last year another member here had a problem with them & I merely [u]suggested[/u] that he call the chief & BOY did that ever start a shit storm!  Donnie was all over me like stink on shit, threatening me, etc.  So was the inestimable Robert.  The mods & staff were deleting my replies & their threats trying to protect their valuable advertiser.  Shortly after that the company apparently imploded because it was run by amateurs.  He had to shut down the store front, blah, blah, blah.

I wish I would have kept a copy of THAT thread.

It's interesting to see NO activity from the mods & staff now.  I guess that it goes back to what I've been saying all along.  As long as it's not your ox that's being gored...
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I hope that he doesn't get in a jam at work because that is not what I am looking for. I would just like to know why the order was placed with RRA and it is just setting there since they don't have a number to get in touch with the company. I will definately take a refund at this point. Still waiting on a call in Texas...
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, this shit has taken a severe turn for the worse.

My first few transactions with Sableco were flawless.  When other hands got involved, things turn bad and turned bad quickly.

Donnie had a great company going and I wish him the best to settle all disputes quickly and to the satisfaction of his customers.  

Unfortunatley I will say it's time to do an complete inventory, shutdown the website, and have a liquidation sale.  When you're in a hole stop digging.
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#17]
twosteptc
Would appreciate it if you would IM me the phone number(s) you got. That way maybe I can find something out also.
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#18]
IM in-bound
Link Posted: 3/16/2004 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Spent $850 with him 2 years ago. I had a problem with defective optics when it arrived. Donnie basically told me tuff $hit! Not his problem.

I won't do business with that company anymore.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Sableco is now selling on eBay as dprisp223.    

This is their PayPal info:
Business Contact Information  
Customer Service URL:  
http://www.sableco.net  
Customer Service Email:
[email protected]  
Customer Service Phone:  
309-496-3030  
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's interesting to see NO activity from the mods & staff now.  I guess that it goes back to what I've been saying all along.  As long as it's not your ox that's being gored...

View Quote

Just happened to read this thread. I'll inform other Staff.

5sub
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Just happened to read this thread. I'll inform other Staff.

5sub
View Quote

I've posted a link in the EE, "Feedback and Comments", to this thread.

Checked our dealer list and don't see SableCo as an advertiser here.  Any of you guys see SableCo advertising anywhere here on the board, PLEASE let us know.

5sub
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Their situation does not appear very good at all. I'm starting to get a little nervous. Can not reach them by phone at all. I hope they do the right thing and fill whatever orders they've taken.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought that Sableco hooked up with RBPrecision at some point to expand.  Is that true, and if so, what ever happened there?

I have had good success with RBP, btw.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I thought that Sableco hooked up with RBPrecision at some point to expand.  Is that true, and if so, what ever happened there?

View Quote

It did not last long.  RBPrecision bailed out and went back to being on their own.  I, too, have had many good dealings with RBPrecision.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Hi all,
I too am out $$ on an ACOG ordered and paid for July 2003. They kept telling me it was coming in and has never sent to me. All I really would like is to get my money back and look somewhere else. Can you supply contact info for Donnie?
[email protected]
Thanks!
Mark
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hi all,
I too am out $$ on an ACOG ordered and paid for July 2003. They kept telling me it was coming in and has never sent to me. All I really would like is to get my money back and look somewhere else. Can you supply contact info for Donnie?
[email protected]
Thanks!
Mark
View Quote

Good grief...If that were me I'd be on the first plane to Sableco's front door.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Robert (RBPrecision) and Donnie (Sableco) teamed up and opened a storefront for Sableco, but underestimated the cost.  Robert split from Sableco and that is where DJ came in to help Donnie.  Robert now works for Rock River.  Almost like a daytime soap, wonder who is sleeping in who's bed this week? [:)]
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hi all,
[email protected]
Thanks!
Mark
View Quote

This shit really pisses me off. They screwed you over on an order placed in July and then turn around and still take an order and money from me in November. They damn well knew they were in trouble yet still took orders and deposits and I guess in your case full payment. Goddamn bullshit! That's downright theft.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Two lousy experiences with them on my end. Kind of glad to see they are on their way out. Natural selection in the business world is the way I see it and we've got plenty of excellent new vendors selling here.
Good luck to all who have money outstanding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I encorage everyone who has money out to these people to start e-mailing them everyday multiple times and send a copy to yourself as well. Their e-mail address is  [email protected]  . M4 and I have been corrisponding and I feel that we are getting somewhere. They have started replying to my e-mails, so we would know they would be getting yours as well. I am not going to let them do this to me, and I don't think anyone else will let them do it to them either. Tyson
Link Posted: 3/17/2004 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Didn't someone from Sable Co. respond to a thread here a few months ago about how they had some problems but they were about to be back on their feet and nobody needed to worry and all that?  

Hope it works out for you fellas.
Cheers  
Link Posted: 3/18/2004 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I had dealt with them several times prior and they always were good on their word. Then a real biggie comes up and I get dumped on. Until this they had been really good to work with, and that is why I was willing to work with them.
Mark
Link Posted: 3/18/2004 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I e-mailed sableco in December 03 about a scope.  Donnie replied a couple days later.  I was encouraged by this because he had always been good to deal with.  I followed up with a second e-mail and a few more questions, but he never replied.
Link Posted: 3/19/2004 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Sableco is supposedly working to straighten things out and phones should be back up soon. Just an update per twostepct.
Link Posted: 3/19/2004 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey guys, sorry for the long time between updates. I think I have an anti-gun computer... It is sssssllllllooooowwwww when it comes to this site. Just an update: Talked to DJ yesterday. He said that they didn't have my upper in stock, but they had a 16" w/m4 handguard A4 in stock. I was thinking about going with that if I had to re-order somewhere else so I jumped on it. He said they had my lower and my #40, just no parts kit. No biggy, ADCO got some of my business today. It was shipped out today. He did tell me that their computers are up now, so I know they will be getting e-mails and things of that nature. We had a pretty long talk yesterday, and I explained to him some of the issues in this thread. He advised me that they were doing the best that they can, and he is the only one that usually responds to e-mails. I told him that there were a few outstanding orders that I knew of. He said they were going to do their best to take care of them. Case in point, I told him that they had a bunch of enemy's right now and that they may want to look to their customer service to fix it. He said he would certainly try. While I will most likely not order from them again, I don't want to see their business shut down either. All that have outstanding orders, good luck and let me know if I can help with anything. There is more being done than is in this thread, so just hang in there. Later on, and good luck everyone. Tyson
Link Posted: 3/23/2004 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#39]
i placed an order on 3/20.  my order shows pending on their site.

i've sent 3 emails and tried to call.  no response to my email and the phone number doesn't work.

twostepct,
you seem to be in touch with the owners donnie and DJ.  if you don't mind, please relay the message to cancel my order #344

thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#40]
OK all, got this yesterday from Sableco
"Dear Customers,
Depsite our efforts to stay in business we find ourselves in a position of being forced to close our company. We had a lot personally invested in SABLE CO., and find ourselves in a very difficult position due to circumstances beyond our control. All pending orders are hereby cancelled. Any inquiries can be sent in writing to:

P.O. Box 325
Rapids City, IL 61278"

So the big question, are going to get our money back or are we screwed? I guess it is time to contact the Federal Internet Fraud department, US Post Office for mail fraud, state and local police agencies and fraud departments. Does anybody have a phone number of the police department this guy works for?
Mark
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK all, got this yesterday from Sableco
"Dear Customers,
Depsite our efforts to stay in business we find ourselves in a position of being forced to close our company. We had a lot personally invested in SABLE CO., and find ourselves in a very difficult position due to circumstances beyond our control. All pending orders are hereby cancelled. Any inquiries can be sent in writing to:

P.O. Box 325
Rapids City, IL 61278"

So the big question, are going to get our money back or are we screwed? I guess it is time to contact the Federal Internet Fraud department, US Post Office for mail fraud, state and local police agencies and fraud departments. Does anybody have a phone number of the police department this guy works for?
Mark
View Quote

Well, that really sucks for you guys. If they go belly up you may not get your money back. Damn glad I cancelled my last order after I got jerked around by Robert there last summer.
For credit card orders you guys may want to contact your credit card company ASAP though enough time has lapsed for alot of you that I'm not sure that is a viable option. Those of you who paid other than by credit card should probably contact Sableco immediately. The later you get in line the less likely you are going to be to get your money...

edited to add: Just went on their website and it appears they are still taking orders. Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Just went on their website and it appears they are still taking orders.
View Quote
The site probably just hasn't been updated in awhile.
Link Posted: 3/28/2004 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Well it looks like I am out $140 as well.  This was for a Surefire product order made in Oct. 2003.  An order taken by Sableco with full knowledge that they would not be able to fulfill.  
At least according to a Surefire Rep. who stated they had notified all internet businesses well in advance of the deadline as to their decision to limit internet business to their own site.

[cuss]
Link Posted: 3/28/2004 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Man, I am sooo glad I refused to do business with them, after the cluster-hose I had with them in March-May. Gawd, what a mess. :)

Link Posted: 3/29/2004 1:05:24 AM EDT
[#45]
ALWAYS use a credit card to order off the net or from small companies. You can pay it off immediately if you have the cash lying around.

This thread is a textbook illustration of why it's necessary.
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
OK all,
Latest update via snail mail from D Pridemore

We regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we have been forced to close the business. All left over stock is being liquidated to pay Federal taxes. Any left over funds will then be distributed to creditors and/or customers that might have outstanding balances, and have submitted their request in writing. If you have already submitted a request, and funds become available, you will be notified by mail.
Pridemore Enterprises, Inc
P.O. Box 325
Rapid City, IL  61278

What a load of CRAP! I thought someone said Donnie was a police officer, not a con artist. I am getting ready to file a mail fraud complaint with the post office. Also, can someone email me at [email protected] an address, phone number, a police department that this guy works at, and info other than a friggin PO Box?
This guy had my money, spent it and now wants to kiss me goodbye. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Mark
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi all,
Update on Donnie Pridemore. We found out that Donnie no longer works for the Rock Island County, Sheriffs department. There are numerous people who have been ripped off and we are working with the Illinois attorney general and another task force to bring felony charges. My purchase was over $1000 that was never shipped. I am working with a Detective Sergeant to get the case moved ahead. Perhaps someone will tell Donnie to do the right thing before they come knocking on his door. I say push ahead, and we need anybody else that was ripped off to let us know.
Email me at [email protected] and put "sable" in the header so it will not get screened out. If possible we may need copies of cashed checks and correspondence for the investigators.
Mark Riehl
2012 W State St
Bristol, TN  37620
(423) 764-2428
Fax (423) 764-9070
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh shit, did not think it would ever come to this.  Bad news all around.  Wish everyone the best in this ordeal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#49]
-----Original Message-----
mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 8:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: A request form was submitted

FirstName: Mark  LastName: Riehl
Order/Question: Do you have the TA31F in stock? If not what is wait time and price?

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 5:28 PM
Subject: RE: A request form was submitted

Not in stock expect a 10-12 week wait.

Thank you!
Robert Stanfield, Sales Manager
Phones: 309-496-3030 and 309-496-2020
Fax 309-496-3020
www.sableco.net

Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 1:42 PM
To: sales

Robert,
I was just confirming that you received the payment and that the scope has been ordered.
Thanks
Mark

Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:53 PM
To: 'Mark Riehl'

Mark, Received payment and have processed. We are seeing some of the
scopes arrive slowly.

Thank you
Sales
www.Sableco.net
309-496-3030 or 309-496-3020
PO Box 325
Rapids City Illinois 61278

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date:  4 Jan 2004 18:13:51 -0000

Hi Sableco,
I ordered a TA31-F last summer and paid for it in advance. Where is it?
Anytime on delivery?
I am very very concerned

Mark Riehl

Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 3:42 PM
To: Mark Riehl
Subject: Re: Enquiry from SABLE CO. Store

Mark,
I understand your concern, because this item is quite hard to get a hold of. The list for a TA31-F was quite long, and they would come to us in groups of 1 and 2. Fortunately, there are only a few customers left who are waiting, and it has been awhile since we've seen them, so they should be coming in sometime soon. I will try to make your's top priority and get it sent to you immediately. Thank You.

DJ Pridemore, Sales Manager

Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:34 AM
Subject: RE: Enquiry from SABLE CO. Store

Dear Sableco,

It has now been 8 months since my order was placed. If you can ship it by the end of this month then OK. If not, I will need a full refund of the amount paid when the order was placed, which was payment in full.

Mark Riehl

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:09:19 -0500

Donnie,
Can you just cancel my order and send a refund? I have been extremely
patient, please send a refund. I had dealt with you several times before and all went well, now this order is in the crapper.
Please let me know something
Mark

Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 7:46 PM
To: Mark Riehl
Subject: RE: Enquiry from SABLE CO. Store

Dear Customers,

P.O. Box 325
Rapids City, IL 61278

We sincerely appreciate all of the past patronage and regret the closing of SABLE CO.

SABLE CO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Hi all,
Previous was some letters from Sableco. It looks like Robert Stanfield was also involved in this problem with Donnie Pridemore. If they were in business together, then they both ripped me off.
Mark
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top