Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 7:58:50 PM EDT
So I'm in a gunshop today and the store owner sends this gunshop groupy over to my buddy to help him decide which ar to get. He is torn between the Bushmaster 20" A2 type or the Eagle Arms (Armalite) 16" A3 carry handle. Being that I am biased towards the Bushy (16" ULW and 20" A3) I insisted that he would be happy with the Bushmaster and would regret getting an Eagle arms. This gunshop hippy starts off by telling my friend that the Eagle is no differant than the Bushy. Fortunately I knew better because of the information I learnt at this site. I informed Mr. Knowitall that their were great differances between the two rifles begining with non-chrome lining in the Eagle. This guy was really pushing my friend to get the Eagle over the Bushy both rifles were $749.
I finally convinced my friend to get the Bushy and we go to pay for it and the store owner says you made a good choice, ect, ect. And that Bushmaster or Colt would have been great because they supply the majority of rifles to the military.
This is where I have confusion, I thought FN had the contract to supply the M16s and Colt the M4s. This store owner goes on to tell me that FN only produced a couple of rifles and the rest are being made by Colt. Is this true? And why is it that these guys who are selling these rifles and dont have a clue as to what they are selling.

I think one of the best things on this site is the AR comparision chart. Has it changed or is the data still accurate?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
FN makes under contract for US military M16 A2,A3,A4
M249,FN MAG.
colt,M4A1 carbine for the military but still does other rifles as well but not for US military
Bushmaster.one time contract back in 91 to make M4 carbines.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing wrong with Eagle Arms or Armalite, although Bushmaster is a fine rifle also. A non chrome-lined barrel, while a chrome bore is a nice feature to have, does not equate a "bad" rifle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You steered your friend in the right direction.  Good job, that is what friends are for!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top