Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2004 10:05:18 AM EDT
I just bought a NIB one as an investment-sorta;) and am new to Colts and their configurations. Is the bolt carrier different in the R6530 blue label Colts because of the sear block?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, the Blue Label Rifles, including the 6530, had the rear of the carrier milled off.  This is referred to as a 'shaved' or half-circle carrier as opposed to a full circle (Green Label Colt, or everyone else).  

It really has nothing to do with the block as a full circle carrier will still fit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy's picture is worth a thousand words...

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually Colt had several types of sear blocks. One of the designs had a part that protruded upwards into the upper receiver area. A full circle semi or full auto bolt carrier will not work in these models.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually Colt had several types of sear blocks. One of the designs had a part that protruded upwards into the upper receiver area. A full circle semi or full auto bolt carrier will not work in these models.
View Quote

You mean like this one:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21126[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21127[/img]

A full circle carrier works fine in my 6530 [:)].  The sear block is so far forward that it in no way interferes with a full circle AR15 carrier.  An M16 Carrier might be a different story, but I do not have one to try.

Sorry about the lousy pics, no time to crop..
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected. I remember now it was just the M16 carrier that wouldn't work

Sorry about the lousy pics, no time to crop..
View Quote

Gheeze you guys are fast with the digital photos. I just have to get me a good digital camera now.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top