Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 7:23:13 AM EDT
Just wanted to hear what some have to say about the two ar-15's.

I have a bushmaster xm15-e2s. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
uh oh [peep]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Please give the rest of us a break and try the SEARCH function. We need this thread like we need a hole in the head. [V]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Out of those 2...The Rock River is a better value then either. [bounce]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt f*cking rules!!!  [nana]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Do we have an insecure Bushmaster owner looking for support? [:D] Don't worry guy, in a few weeks the Pat Rogers thread will be history and things will go back to normal around here. [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a Chevy vs. Ford argument.  It is whatever brand you prefer that is the best for you.  Some have said that Colt has better consistency in thier product, while others have said they have seen numerous QC problems with Colt.  Some have seen many problems with Bushmaster, while others have gone through a number of them with absolutely no problems whatsoever.  

Every company puts out lemons.  Sometimes it has to do with the assembly, sometimes the QC, and sometimes there are faults with the parts that can't be seen until they break.  As with anything mechanical, it can fail, but it is the luck of the draw that can determine if you have a winner or not.  If your rifle functions flawlessly for you, then it is a good rifle.

Many times it is abuse that will determine a truly quaility product.   If you don't abuse your rifle and it has functioned flawlessly, it will probably continue to do so.  If you want to put it to the test, take a tactical shooting class with it and see how it fares.  A good range test is to dump four or five thirty round mags through it and see if it chokes or not.  If it can do that, then take it to a class and see if it can take some more punishment.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Mainly its brand name loyalty, but I think Colt is still the only company the proof fires their bolt & barrel, then does the MP test.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
As an unbiased mediator,,,, I'd say,,,,

ROCK RIVER!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just go here
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176742&w=searchPop[/url] and read what PAT ROGERS, one of the most respected experts in the field (if not THE most respected), has to say.  If you're not buying Colt after reading this you must be f$%ked in the head.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just go here
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176742&w=searchPop[/url] and read what PAT ROGERS, one of the most respected experts in the field (if not THE most respected), has to say.  If you're not buying Colt after reading this you must be f$%ked in the head.
View Quote

Well, that was silly....

In fact, this whole thread is silly, and I suspect that it's trolling as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Here we go again.  Drone I just asked that last week.....haha your going to get some interesting answers.  I went with the Colt M4 when all was said and done.  I'm very happy with it after a trip to the range.  I will build my next one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Call me a complete jackass, but who exactly is this Pat Rodgers fellow? Seems like, from what I've heard, that he has had combat time, is an excellent long range rifleman, one of the nations best shooters with a carbine ( or at least knows what goes and what doesn't ), and that he runs one helluva good carbine class.

Which class is this, ( as in, the name. I'm interested in it )?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have asked Pat many questions through email and hes an awesome guy to talk to and really seems to know what hes talking about. I too would like to know where his class is though...for some reason I never asked him where the class was and how much it costs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#14]
(Quote from December issue of SWAT magazine)
Pat Rogers is a retired chief Warrant Officer of the Marines, and retired NYPD sergeant. Rangemaster at Gunsite since 1993, and is currently owner of E.A.G.Inc, which provides services to various govermental organizations.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't be ridiculous...COLT.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the obvious answer would be Cavalry Arms ;)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top